Our Weekend: Fall Edition

Blue skies, long walks, fires, friends, s'mores and pumpkins. Our weekend entailed all the things that make fall our favorite. It was a laid back weekend that I would do over and over if I could.
We are lucky enough to be able to walk to our babysitters. That makes our mornings and afternoons that much easier. My favorite thing right now is when Bennett spots Em and I coming up the road and I hear "Mamaaaa". Music to my ears. I especially love Friday walks home because there seems to be a little extra pep in our steps. The kiddos always like to know the plan and what fun we have in store; this weekends list did not disappoint. 
A boy and his moose hat. I am just obsessed with all things Bennett Lee right now. I am not sure if thats due to him turning two on Saturday (tear) or just his overall adorableness. He is getting too big and I just want to eat him up. (He also is incredibly needy and difficult right now....but after the fact I still want to smother him in kisses). 
Douglas texted me Friday afternoon wanting to know if we should build a fire after supper. Gah! The man knows my heart. The kids were wound up for s'mores, and I had visions of a nice relaxing evening sitting by the fire. I don't know what I was thinking. Handing your six year old and your four year old a stick with a marshmallow on the end and telling them to stick it in the fire is not relaxing. Having your almost two year old scream until he also gets handed a stick to hold in the fire is not relaxing. NOTHING about fires and s'mores with your three children is relaxing. All Doug and I could do was laugh. We ended up sending B to bed early and having a good time with the big kids. 
The smart me would say no more fires for us for the rest of the year....but I know me. We will try it again. Ignorance is bliss. 
Saturday was the perfect fall day in my opinion. Look at the sky God blessed us with. We played at home, took a long trec trail walk, and the boys took naps. We headed to a friends house in the afternoon. 
Friends through the field had a cute little pumpkin party. Kids could paint or carve their pumpkin (we opted to paint) and it was the sweetest (and messy) scene. 
Em in all her Halloween glory. 
Auggie and his square pumpkin "Boo".
And Bennett Lee with the cutest little pumpkin. And no shirt. 
I told him to look at Mommy's eyes when he smiled and this is the face I got. Sums him up perfectly. 
Kids played and played, and I actually did have a relaxing night sitting by the fire with friends. 
Sunday was another great day. Church (with no paci to keep B quiet...we are a no paci house now), a Wal-mart run, baths and showers for all and family pictures in the evening. Here's to hoping Sharon got better smiles than I did! 

Did you notice nowhere in this past weekend did I mention sickness? We were all healthy for a week and our nightly prayer has thanked God for this and asked for continued health. We have a busy week ahead with a big birthday celebration on the weekend! Here's to another great week!



Comments

Popular Posts