The Great Pumpkin Patch 2019

October is my favorite month. Sunny and 60s is my favorite weather. And The Great Pumpkin Patch in Arthur is one of favorite places on earth. Throw in my favorite blonde hair, blue eyed pumpkins and you have my favorite day!
For real. Arthur never ever disappoints and it keeps getting better as the kids keep getting older. We have been going since Em was one. I can picture her all bundled up, content to just ride in a wagon all day. Cheeks and all.  Yesterday was Bennett's first time, and being my fall baby, he fell in love just like I knew he would. You are going to see lots of big smiles from our day. 
What you won't see is this little lady. Instead she was at home in her Christmas pajamas (festive), eating donuts, helping her father clean out his closet and mending from strep. Strep has hit the Jansen family twice already this fall season. Twice. I am reminded once again that it takes a village and again, I have the best one. (Thank you D, Aunt Vicki and Nana!) We figured Em was going to be super upset when we told her she had to stay home, but she was totally fine with it. Secretly she loves  spending one on one time with her Daddy. 
I knew it was going to be a good day when Auggie freaked out at the sight of hay bales when we walked up. "Mommy take our picture!" Sure thing, Bud. 
Since yesterday was so perfect, I knew the pumpkin patch was going to be packed. Good thing the boys are quick and easy to get ready; we were able to park front row and no one was there. The boys didn't know where to turn first. They loved it all. I always love the mums.
Give me allllll the mums. I bought two and would take ten more.
Auggie was mesmerized by the old school house. So am I honestly. I love the history; think about how many wiggly blonde boys have sat in that same desk and learned over the years. 
We didn't meet a "stick your head on the hole for a picture" thingy (realized I don't know if these things have a real name) that we didn't like. I love Auggie as the teacher. 
We tried our best serious faces for the American Gothic.
But B as a puppy might be my favorite from the entire day. He is a puppy. 
We had to hit up the sweet shop for a drink and snack. I have a lot of these little pumpkin drinks from over the years. Don't worry...the boys shared this cookie....although Bennett would have liked his own. 
August Samuel growing like a weed. Well at least his legs are. 
And this little pumpkin is right behind him. 
How big is Bennett?? So Big!
Nana found her Pumpkin King. Poor kid--having an October 26th birthday means he will forever have a pumpkin/fall themed birthday. 
Auggie was our great and fearless leader in every maze. Hay bale, soy beans, corn and sunflowers. He used the saying "fork in the road" every time we met another path, and we would possible still be in the sunflower maze if I hadn't taken over. 
Sunflower Maze selfie. Auggie was mostly worried that his Frankenstein needed to be in the picture. I love these people!
After the tractor and wagon ride around the patch, it was time to pick our pumpkins. 
I am not a pick one out of a bin or line, I have to pick mine off the vine! 
We found six keepers; three to carve and three to paint.
I'll keep this silly pumpkin too. Definitely a keeper. 
We had such good day together. Nothing went wrong (minus losing Bennett), and I would do this same day a million times (but maybe add Emery and Douglas next time).

Now I need to go water my mums and check on my pumpkins (Em, Aug and B that is).
Happy Monday!





















Comments

Popular Posts