Christmas 2019

Our Christmas was so good. We didn't go too big. We didn't get sick. We didn't get stressed. 
Instead we made big messes and big memories---which is all I really wanted to do.
Christmas 2019 you were full and fabulous.
We kicked off the celebrations on Monday with an impromtu pizza party at our house. Well I actually didn't kick it off, I had a ballgame. But Doug hosted Nana, the kids and Austin's family. These girls were reunited finally and had lots of fun. I was sad I had to miss it!
Christmas Eve we headed to Austin's in the morning to have brunch with Dad and Grandpa. We don't do gifts anymore at this get-together (because really Grandma was the one who loved the gift giving), but Grandpa surprised the kids with a bear from Gigi's collection. The kids love them and know how special they are. Grandma would have loved this, and I know she was right there with us. 
The rest of the morning and afternoon was spent outside shooting our new bows. First of all, this weather. Forget the white Christmas, I'll take sunny and 60s every year! 
We came home long enough to change our clothes and head to church. Em opted for a comfy dress instead of her itchy fancy one, and I didn't blame her. Fancy dress or no fancy dress, Jansens still clean up pretty well. All I wanted for Christmas was a picture of my kids all smiling at the camera....Merry Christmas to me!
I also wanted them to behave for Christmas Eve mass; happy to announce I got everything I wished for!
I love our Christmas Eve traditions. After church we make a "fancy" supper, open up one gift (always a game), play and get ready for Santa. This year Doug and I made scallops, risotto and bacon brussel sprouts. When we asked the kids what they wanted for their "fancy" meal they said egg sandwiches; we told them they could do better than that. They finally landed on homemade pizzas and we ended the meal with individual chocolate trifles Em and I made. Yum. 
After Monopoly Jr. (I won), we got our reindeer food ready and wrote a note to Santa. Reindeer food was approved by Bennett. Kiddos were sound asleep by 9 and us elves went to work!
Its fun playing "Santa" with this guy. I keep seeing this saying that goes something like you thought Christmas was fun when you were little....but really its the most fun when you have little kids. I couldn't agree with this more. 
Christmas morning was magical. Smiles never left our faces. 
Bennett Lee wasn't really sure what all the fuss was about until he opened up with first present, an Elmo backpack. It was love at first sight. Emery was sweet and patient and said she would open her gifts last. Auggie was literally jumping with excitement the whole morning. For real. Check out the picture. 
Douglas captured this one and I love it. Bennett Lee got his own back pack and more blocks.
Emery Kayt got just what she wanted. Pretty Pretty Princess, earrings and a science kit. 
Auggie's favorite present is his race car track. It is pretty awesome. 
The rest of the morning was spent eating cinnamon rolls, making messes and getting ready for family to arrive. Nana's Christmas party was planned for the afternoon. 
Outside we might have been red-neck frying wings in the drive way, but inside we were fancy with our charcuterie board. We spent the afternoon eating. Everything was way too good, and I got way too full. 
That afternoon we opened up more presents. We do presents one at a time, youngest to oldest; B was up first! Bennett's favorites of the night were his Elmo underwear and this oh-so-soft puppy from Uncle Avery.  
Auggie, the least patient of them all (next to my brother Austin), freaked out when he opened this Batman Transformer Remote Control Car. Again, it really is awesome. 
Emery is the exact opposite of Auggie. I think she would let everyone open everything before her. Bless her sweet heart. 
Em's waiting was worth it though. Her very last gift was this growing (weird) hatchimal thing that she really wanted. Check out that smile! 
I should have taken a picture of the explosion that was my front room after presents, but instead I just got this sweet picture of a very tired Bennett Lee. The perfect way to end the big day.
We spent the next few days cheering on the Bulldogs.
And spending time at home. I don't want to forget cuddling with my boy this Christmas. It has been the season of rocking. 
Friday night was the big Jansen Christmas. This picture is of the grandkids that were there. We missed those who couldn't make it! I am a blessed Aunt to have such good friends and role models for my littles. 
Grandma and Grandpa got the girls matching cousin/doll pjs. They are the perfect age to love stuff like that. I think everyone got just what they wanted. 
Vicki sent me this picture. It's blurry but my favorite from the night. Grandma and Grandpa are pretty darn special. Christmas 2019 was pretty darn special. 

Although all of our Christmas celebrations are over, we will be partying right into the new year. We have family fun and adventures planned for the next week with lots of naps and playtime in between.

Enjoy what is left of break~We plan to!





Comments

Popular Posts