New Year, New Fun

So what if New Years was two weeks ago, and I am just now writing about it. I have been busy!
Busy being back to school, back to basketball, back to homework and back to baths (haha). But it feels good to be back because a new year equals new fun.
Before I get into the now fun, I need to recap the end of the year fun. We spent New Year's Eve in a different location but with some of the same people we always celebrate with. These people make me happy. We moved the party to Chuck's this year and spent the evening eating yummy fun, drinking yummy drinks and play funny games. The kids (Chuck's four dogs included) all made it to midnight. A New Years to remember. 
Auggie had some special fun to end the year on. "Santa" gifted him four tickets to an Illini basketball game. He took Daddy, Uncle Terry and Rube. Boy day! It ended up that 12 Jansen men went to the game together, so it really was a boy day. 
I got this picture from Doug and I had to laugh. A boy and his first Mountain Dew. Leave it to Douglas to give our already wired son a large Mountain Dew haha. Maybe it is some sort of a right of  passage for little boys. 
I love that they get to create "boy" memories together. I reminded Doug that sooner rather than later he would be taking two boys. He said maybe....Bennett really is the wild card! *I had to come back and write about Bennett's new love of "I" clothes. Last week he refused (as in kicking and screaming) to wear anything but Illini clothes. He even slept in them. Doug better get ready to take two next time.
Speaking of B. This one has a momma problem. Long Christmas and Summer Breaks always create momma's boys, but Bennett might be taking it to the extreme. I love it. I mean I hate it when he wakes me up at night. But I love it. Being back in school reminded me of how precious time with them is. I couldn't wait to kiss on him after school last week.
We had a fun weekend to start off the new year. Doug and I gifted the kids Nick Jr. Live tickets for their "big" item this year. I love an experience and so do these three. We made it just a day trip instead of staying over, and we had so much fun. 
Doug and I apparently didn't get the memo for the peace signs in the family pic.
These three have been best buds lately and this picture perfectly represents that. Bennett loves Emery. Auggie loves Emery. Emery loves both of her brothers. (Bennett and Auggie....its more of a tolerates than loves). Nick Jr. was so fun. Auggie was the perfect age for it. After all the singing and dancing he said it "tired him out". Bennett hollered for Blue's Clues the entire way to St. Louis and through the whole first act. Doug and I started to get nervous that Blue wasn't in the show for some reason. Thankfully she came out (did you know Blue is a girl?) in the second act and B went wild! Emery is maybe getting a bit old for stuff like this, but she is the girl that loves things when the people she loves loves things (does that make sense?). So she danced and sang right along with the boys. Now I just want to take her to a big girl musical. 
We ate lunch at Ballpark Village and headed home. Quietly headed home.
It was a quick trip and a really really good trip. I love making memories with them. 

We have more fun plan for this coming weekend, so let the theme of "New Year, New Fun" continue!










Comments

Popular Posts