Good Busy

I have determined that in life there is good busy and there is bad busy. Bad busy is when life is full of things that take you away from the things you love. Bad busy often ends in lost patience, exhaustion and a meh feeling of regret for me. Bad busy I can do without. Good busy though. I think that is my sweet spot. I don't sit still well (although the combination of my new Bible and my new heated blanket have me snuggled up on the couch these days). I like to go and do and so do my kids. Thankfully all of our busyness this past week and weekend was good.
The school week was extra busy for Em and I. Our schools celebrated Catholic School's week and with that lots of extra fun events. On Wednesday she attended church at my school and I couldn't not snap a quick picture. I love that I get to see her so often-that part of my job is such a blessing. During Mass we sang "10,000 Reasons" and the voices of about 1,000 children filled the gym. I cried. The sound paired with the beautiful words of that song really hit my heart and set the tone for the rest of my week. I needed a reminder of my 10,000 reasons. 
Friday Auggie had a field trip to the fire station and to make his day even more special, Douglas surprised him with a lunch date after. (Husband brag: Its small gestures like this that have me fallen for my man more and more. Such a good dad.) Aug wanted a big pretzel and Gopher Grill clearly delivered. Doug texted me this picture right as my lunch bell rang, so I ran up town and surprised Auggie too. He loved it! 

I just received his Kindergarten Registration and my momma heart is NOT ready for that. Like really not ready for that. 
With so much sickness going around, it is not lost on me how lucky we have had it this winter and just in general when it comes to health. Bennett Lee was down for the count Thursday, but bounced back quickly. He woke up Thursday with a low fever and spent the day bossing Nana around. By Friday he was back to his silly little self. Bennett's talking has taken off, and I am so proud of his hard work. He still has a long way to go, but seeing him connect words and discover new sounds is so exciting. Even Emery and Auggie can be heard saying, "good talking Bennett!!" when he is yelling at them. 
Friday we had haircuts which is totally not blog worthy but for some reason I love fresh haircuts. I could just eat Bennett Lee up after his. When I try he says "No MOM!"
He skipped ever calling me Momma and yells Mom like he is 16 and slamming his bedroom door. 
Em had a busy weekend. Friday night she went to a dance class with a friend and then out for ice cream and Saturday she spent the night at Katie's. When I picked her up Sunday afternoon and told her Uncle Terry's kids were coming over for the Super Bowl, she let out a squeal and stated that it was the "best weekend ever!"  Girl after my own heart. Today the girl is tired and will be going to bed early.
Saturday the Bulldogs were in the NTC Championship. Doug, the boys and I went to church with the cheer team before the game and then we dumped the boys off with Nana (thanks Nana!). Sounds like they were angels (opposite of how I would have described this one in church), ate ice cream until their bellies about popped and played Candy Land. 
Douglas and I got to enjoy dinner, a ballgame and a drink together. Yes, that is a beard on my husbands face, and I am totally here for it. 


Sunday afternoon I got to snuggle the sweetest little baby girls for a bit, and we had Terry, Kim and the kids over for a little impromptu Super Bowl party. The kids played downstairs the entire time, and I actually watched football. Normally I am just eating and talking. 

Monday came quick, but I am looking forward to this week. A little bit less busy, but I am not complaining about the good busy of last week. 

Happy Monday!

Comments

Popular Posts