Life Lately

Long time, no blog. As I just wrote those four words, I wondered how many times I have written them. It seems like our busyness ebbs and flows and right now it is flowing. But that doesn't matter. I still want to remember. 
Last week August Samuel had his Kindergarten Open House. I told him we weren't going because I am not letting him go to Kindergarten. To that he just laughed. 
Actually there is no way I could keep him from Kindergarten. He wants to go right now. He has made the case that I should be happy because that means I can take him to school everyday and pick him, so technically I will see more of him. Fine. He really is ready. Perfect letter "g's" and all. 
It seems like God knows we need good weather on the weekends. Last Saturday was beautiful and I woke up to a text from Ammon asking if we wanted to picnic in the park. Yes! The kids ran off some of that stuck-inside energy, and I got cute baby girl cuddles. Best park day ever.  
Last Sunday was beautiful too (as is this Sunday). Doug and I made secret plans to take the kids swimming after church. A treat for being good while we were in Arizona. While the big kids were in Sunday school I made the mistake of telling Bennett we were going to go swim. Lesson learned. Don't tell the kid that can't whisper or really be understood that you are going swimming. He proceeded to yell something along the lines of "shhhwimmm" the rest of the service. We hurried home and put on our bathing suits. Not before a good Sunday Selfie though. 
Here is my little fish. He jumped and jumped and jumped. Em knew a friend there and swam in the deep and Auggie was happy to float around with me. They didn't want to leave. We are going to swim sooo much this summer. If you need us you will know where to find us. 
On Monday I got to finally meet a very special little lady, Ashley Schackmann. I got plenty of Brayden snuggles in too, but it was pretty special to meet the new girl that I share a name with. Both babies are perfect. Angels here on earth. It was honor to spend the evening with them, keeping Shar company while Eric had a ballgame. I left with tears in my eyes; happy tears from the joys and miracles that they are. I thanked Ian and Madison for helping make sure they got here safely. 
The rest of the week I was busy with far away ballgames. I missed these three way more than they missed me; Daddy knows how to win them over. I know they played Monopoly one night (Bennett won) and made Coke Floats another night. Coke Floats are a nod to Grandpa Sammy; now they think he should come over and have some with them. By Saturday I was very much looking forward to cuddling these three and besides laundry and a few errands that is what I did.
Today we have celebrated Nana! It is her birthday! We tried to take a perfect grandkid picture and this was the very best I got for her. 
For something different we treated her (actually Austin did-thank you!) to lunch at the Hibachi grill in town. The last time we went there was probably about two years ago, and Auggie cried the whole time because of the fire. Happy to announce that there were no tears this time, and the kids loved it! Fuji might be a new birthday tradition. We came back to our house, and the kids played outside on this lovely Sunday afternoon. It has been a wonderful day.

Now we get ready for another busy week. This spring weather is giving us a little extra boost; Plus the month of March is full of lots of fun for us. Ready for it all!

















Comments

Popular Posts