Just Us ~ Week Three

Check Week Three of the list...how is everyone holding up?

The kids and I have fallen into a pretty good grove honestly. It almost feels like summer break for me, besides the fact that we can't go anywhere or do anything. Doug and I are both very grateful that our situation is the way it is; my heart goes out to the families of two "working from home" parents right now. I don't see how you would be able to do everything being asked of you. While I am still busy teaching and conversing with my students, my flexibility allows me to concentrate on being "just mom" right now which is definitely a full time job, but it is definitely my favorite job. 
We haven't let a nice day pass us by. I have always been a weather watcher. (Jasper county people....can you still call the bank to get the time and temp? I used to do this hourly I swear.) When I see sun and sixties, I try to plan something outside. Sometimes that looks like parking myself in a lawn chair outside and letting them get out every outside toy we own, sometimes it looks like bike rides around the neighborhood, and sometimes its a homemade scavenger hunt at Ballard. Thank goodness the trails are still open! 
We throw together a picnic and go wherever the trails take us. I just checked the weather; looks like we will be hitting the trails this week too. 
On colder days I send them downstairs to do whatever it is they do downstairs (make messes/make song requests to Alexa). We tried an Easter Craft last week too--toilet paper roll bunnies! Bennett had yellow paint in his hair for three days afterwards. This week we will need to do a few lessons and crafts on the Easter Story. I need to think about how we plan on celebrating our risen Savior this year too. 
The big kids and I did tell the neighborhood Happy Easter last week....and then it rained. We might have to put our chalk art to the test again this week. 
As a family we finished our 2,000 piece puzzle! Bennett was no help, but the big kids can proudly say they helped. Em especially. The puzzle has been taking up our kitchen table for two weeks and continues to sit there...because what are we suppose to do with it!?! I guess if anyone would like to borrow it, just let me know!
Saturday was rainy and cold. We took a really long drive, even stopped by and visited with some family from afar, and had lots of fun.
Sunday we made homemade donuts and no bake cookies. We are good on chocolate over here! I want to bake everyday....but then I just eat what I bake. The kids and Doug don't mind my baking sprees though. 
We finished the week with a relaxing fire. And by relaxing I don't quite mean relaxing, but it went much better than it did back in the fall. Kiddos are growing up. 
Other highlights of the week include: all the braiding practice I am getting. (Em and I fight everyday about her hair and I have been winning. I told her we have all the time in the world, she can sit for five minutes while I practice my braiding skills.) Sitting over 6 feet apart in the EPC parking lot with two girlfriends. Talking and laughing was good for my soul. All day long chats with Bennett. I can't get enough of what he has to say. Movie night cuddles on the couch; we finished "Onward" this week. Thank goodness for Disney +. Hearing, seeing and smelling spring all around us. I have my first yard picked flowers, and the kids got their first lawn mower rides of the season. 
There have been fights and tears this week too, and altogether they make up our week three together. 

Prayers for a safe, healthy and happy Easter Week to all. 
Here we go Week Four.
















Comments

Popular Posts