The Tooth Fairy, 20 Weeks, Swim Lessons, Strawberries and Much More


As we roll into the middle of June, things feel dare I say...normal. We had a little something on the calendar everyday last week and went from a fully free weekend to a fun packed one. 
It felt good to feel a little bit busy!
Em got the ball rolling last Sunday when she lost her front tooth. Fin-a-lly! She has been wiggling that thing since forever and it popped out when she was brushing her teeth. I can't get enough of the huge hole it left, and now we are cheering her on to start wiggling the next one. We decided the more big gaps the better.
I officially hit the 20 week mark last week. Half way there which doesn't seem real. Doug and I got to see Baby J wiggle, tickle it's toes and suck its thumb; we all think baby looks like Auggie, and we are all already in love. And no, we did not find out the gender (eek!). At 20 weeks I am feeling much bigger kicks and rolls than I was five or six weeks ago and at anytime I think Doug and the kids will be able to feel those sweet kicks too. I will say that these kicks are a God-send. I didn't realize that after having a miscarriage my brain would often go to fear or thoughts of something being wrong. A few weeks ago I found myself sitting as still as I could begging the baby to give me just one little kick so that I knew all was well. Now that I am feeling them all the time I can't help but smile, and I truly cherish each one. 
Other things at 20 weeks to remember: I end up sleeping on the couch every night-I am just way more comfy there. I was having bad headaches almost everyday but haven't had one in the last two weeks. Other than feeling round, I feel really good. I haven't really craved anything weird or unique this pregnancy (which is zero help on whether I think it is a boy or a girl). I am ready to seriously talk names and maybe pick out the few things we need for our littlest. Baby will be here before we know it!
Emery and Auggie kept us busy with swimming lessons on the schedule everyday last week. Emery really would live in the water which is exactly how I was a kid. She learned how to do the freestyle stroke and after a week seems to be much stronger. She was very sad they were over. Auggie on the other hand...not a fan. I learned the hard way on day one that he does much better when I am not around; day one ended in a major meltdown. He did awesome day two and three. Sadly, he never made it out of the car the last day...which will go down in history as one of Doug and I's hardest parenting days. My blood pressure might still by high from Friday. The will is so dang strong on that blonde one, but thankfully the days following have been much better. I think some lessons were learned by all. Whew. 
On Wednesday we went to the local strawberry patch with some friends to do some picking. I had to laugh because immediately their personalities came out.
Emery was patient and precise. She wanted to pick only the best and took her time doing so. She never gets in a hurry. 
For Auggie it was a competition. Who could pick the most the fastest--ripe, rotten, or not. He jumped from row to row and was very proud of his finds. He is out go-getter. 
Bennett Lee celebrated and indulged. One in the basket with a "YAY!" of excitement and then one in the mouth. After he got full he spent the rest of his time hurdling/stomping over the rows with a big red messy smile on his face. Bennett is just Bennett. 

That night we made homemade shortcake biscuits to go with our strawberries and then made jam out of the rest. Yum!
August Samuel had his 5 yr/kindergarten doctors appointment on Thursday. He is in the 30th percentile for weight weighing in at 38lbs and in the 60th percentile in height. Sounds like a Jansen. He did have to get shots (which I was absolutely dreading), but he was actually very brave and I was very proud. We might have gotten celebratory milkshakes afterward....more for me than him. 
That night we made homemade pizza for supper (a new fav) and ate out on the patio (also a new fav). We swam every day this past week and weekend and spent the evenings lounging together under the lights. I just love this new space and these little people, and as much as I love being a little busy, these slow nights at home are the ones I want to remember. 
Friday night we had some impromptu fun with friends. First the kids swam and then after supper we watched "A Bug's Life" outside...with real bugs ha! It was a beautiful evening and lots of fun. We love having friends so close and so up for some laid back fun. I don't think I realized how much I missed them during quarantine. 
Saturday we got a few things done around the house and then met Sam and Sue at the winery to eat from the food trucks for supper. This was our first time doing this and it was super yummy and fun. They have tons of chairs and tables spaced out and it was nice to just relax outside or walk around. I hope they have these next summer when I can enjoy a glass of wine too.
Saturday morning my Mom texted me wondering if she could host a lunch for Avery's girlfriend Jordon's birthday...at my house. Of course! Can't pass up a yummy lunch and a little family time. 
The kids swam (Avery and Jordon included on the kid list) and did the "slip ride" as Bennett called it. The whole day was B approved!
Sunday evening was lazy and slow just like a Sunday night should be. 

This week is a little bit slower for us. I see lots of pool time and lazy mornings in my near future with a fun weekend ahead. You will hear no complaints from me.








Comments

Popular Posts