August Samuel Turns 5!

Five years ago today I fell madly in love with a blonde haired cutie. I swear I couldn't hold him fast enough; it was a bond I had never felt before. August Samuel stole my heart and he continues to make us proud, make us laugh, teach us and keep us on our toes.
At 5 years old you love asking questions and learning, riding your bike, playing golf, basketball and baseball, and pretending to farm. You still have to change your clothes depending on what you are playing, but recently prefer the no shirt and basketball shorts look. You idolize Emery and have a hard time functioning without her. I think your brain works just like your Daddy; you have to know how things work and love learning. You love me unconditionally and will tell everyone so. I think it will always be me and you Auggie Boy. We can't believe you are five; the fastest five years of our lives. But five is going to be really big for you, and we can't wait to see how you grow. We love you August Samuel!
Auggie celebrations really started last week when we gifted him his "big" present. And by big we really do mean big. Auggie really wanted a real big boy basketball hoop for his birthday and that is clearly what he got. The little story behind this bad boy goes like this: Everyone is sold out of smaller, decently priced hoops. I randomly called a store in Danville that randomly had a very large (and expensive hoop) that had been opened. They assured us all parts were there and gave us a deal we would have been crazy to pass up...hence the basketball hoop my boys (Doug, Auggie and Bennett) will now make years and years of memories with. It has already been fun to end evenings with a round of PIG. Nana, D and my Grandpa also helped us gift this too him. Thank you!
Auggie's birthday weekend kicked off with the first swim of the season at our house; we have been in the pool everyday since, and I pretty much have to drag them out. I have some pretty cute fish. 
Saturday was the big party day. First up-supper outside at Pinky's. Anyone else's children obsessed with pretzels and beer cheese??
After supper it was back home to welcome family and get the party started. It was so nice to have family over again! Aug opted for a Construction themed party this year. He loved his cake the most. Boy cakes are so easy; slap a little chocolate here, crushed up Oreo there and there ya go-a happy almost 5 year old! I pride myself on making my children homemade birthday cakes of their choosing. We went back and looked through six years of cakes for Em and now five for Aug. It was then that I realized I have yet to make Bennett a homemade cake....being the third child is rough. Our littlest is due a day after B's birthday this year....I think we are going to celebrate a few weeks early and I promise to make him the cake of his dreams. 
Even though he had swam all day, Auggie wanted to spend the beginning of his party in the pool. Whatever you want Birthday Boy!
This little fish joined him. 
And so did the three girls. It was so good to see Alayna and Paisley; four months is far too long. 
Auggie got the perfect gifts this year. Basketball tall socks, farm gloves, snacks, a squirt gun, a remote control boat, (even real tadpoles) made him smile from ear to ear. 
He gave everyone the biggest thank you's and his happiness was contagious. Love this little boy. 
The rest of the evening was spent eating cake and ice cream, playing basketball and just catching up with everyone. Auggie went to bed a very happy (and worn out) boy. 
Early the morning of Aug's birthday, Doug snuck out to get some donuts for the birthday boy. We sang the first round of many "Happy Birthdays"; its a favorite around here. We had originally planned a day of swimming, slip and slide, and water balloons with friends....but then the rain rolled in. Oh well--plenty of b-day fun still happened!
These kiddos have not seen each other in forever. Don't worry, they still know how to play loud, make messes and have fun. The best part...I got to visit with their Mommas! We sang and did candles in Aug's pizza at lunch; I personally believe candles can go on any type of food. 
For supper Nana brought over Auggie's requested birthday supper: Baked potatoes as big as his head, fried chicken and chocolate ice cream. Baked potatoes are his absolute favorite food. And again with the candles...
We finished the evening off with one more candle (and yes we sing every time), melty ice cream, a bike ride, some basketball and a quick search for lightening bugs. The perfect little day. 

We so enjoyed celebrating Auggie these last few days, and I know he felt the love. 
I will continue to be in denial that my little boy is five, but I cannot wait to see what this new year has in store for him. I just hope it goes slower than the last five. 

Happiest Birthday Auggie! Love Ya!




















Comments

Popular Posts