Emery Kayt is Seven!

July 16th is one of our most special days. Not only is it Doug and I's wedding anniversary, it is Emery Kayt's birthday! Our girl is officially seven years old. I am not sure how that happened so quickly. 
Emery. At seven you love the simple things in life and move at your own pace. You always put others first and are a little mother hen at heart. We love your quick wit, touch of stubbornness, toothless smile and big laugh. You still have the best laugh. We hope that this next year is full of big cheeseburgers, movie nights, lots of swimming and as much time outside as possible. 
We started off the morning with donuts and candles. A Jansen tradition. Besides candles in her cake later in the evening, she got to blow out candles at her birthday supper--Dominos Pizza. I said before she is a lover of the simple things in life--Dominos Pizza being one of them. 
We spent the birthday morning at the Newton Pool, easily one of Em's favorite places. She picked a few of her favorite people to join us too. I think there was a total of 15 people at the pool while we were there....and we made of 8 of that. 
It was a relaxing and fun morning filled with lots of girl giggles and mini cupcakes. I am so glad our little pool party worked out!
A week or so ago when I asked Em what she wanted her birthday theme to be she shrugged her shoulders and said "I just want it to be colorful." Well that is easy. Nothing really matched, but we had all the color and the girl was very happy. After looking on Pinterest we picked out a three tiered cake with colorful polka dots. Wednesday I spent the day in the kitchen and the finished polka dot product looked more like oddly colored spikes. Em's face told me she also didn't love the look, so we ended up smearing the dots to go with a tie-dyed effect. Her 7th birthday cake ranks on my list as my least favorite cake I have ever made and the best cake on Em's list. We have always had opposite style!
We had grandparents, godparents and a few more of our fav cousins over for the evening. These crazies watched the gift unwrapping from the pool. I also think I need to go refill my pool after a night of their splashing...
The one thing Emery asked for this year was a big girl scooter. Deal! All of her other gifts from everyone were perfect too. A pod tent, lantern and sleeping bag for our outdoor woman. A new ball bat and swim suit and swim bag for her summer sports. And lots of good stuff in between. After cake and ice cream and a night of splashing around, Em went to bed a smiling (and tired) seven year old. 
(We are pretty sure Bennett was the most excited about Em's birthday....October can't come soon enough in his eyes.)

Emery you continue to surprise us with your bravery and big heart. You are growing into quite the young lady and we just love you so much! Hope you had the best birthday!
And just because our anniversary always takes the back seat, happy NINETH anniversary to this guy. You know you are one of my greatest blessings. I will just leave it at that. 

Another July 16th has come and gone, and every year I can find more to be thankful for on this day. 

Comments

Popular Posts