Reasons to Celebrate

We have had big and little reasons to celebrate since last Sunday. My birthday, a healthy pregnancy, a great week of school, piano lessons, no more diapers and of course the fact that it is Friday with a long (beautiful) weekend ahead. We celebrate it all around here!
Last Sunday was my 32nd birthday, and I really did feel all the love. The original plan was I was hosting my own party but making everyone bring my favorite foods (I mostly wanted veggie pizza made by D). Plans changed when my brother Avery and his girlfriend Jordon moved into their cute new house in Newton over the weekend....and the venue of my party changed! I have a feeling this will be the new party pad since just us Jansens would have to make the drive. Fine by me! 
Last Sunday was made to sit outside and enjoy each others company and yummy food. It was beautiful. Add in all the "Happy Birthday" texts and messages....I felt like a very lucky girl. This picture also makes me giddy to meet the little girl that DeeDee and Austin will be adding to this bunch anytime. My little Hunsaker family is growing!
Speaking of growing....Littlest Baby J and I both turned 32 this week. As fast as the last few weeks have flown by, Baby J is going to be here before we know it. I absolutely cannot wait. Douglas and I already have the big to-do list made for the long weekend....I am in prepare for Baby mode. 
We are all celebrating another great week of school. Em is dominating math and reading, and Auggie Boy loves every part. Em never remembers or share all that much about school, but this boy doesn't forget a thing. He is just a sponge. A very tired sponge. I would be lying if I said I hadn't been worried and a bit sad about what the 2020 school year would look like for them, but I am already so thankful for the time they have gotten to be with great teachers and friends.  
While Em loved swim team this summer and could have continued, we made a family decision to keep this fall and winter simple. She will continue with tumbling one afternoon a week like normal, and we added piano lessons to the schedule this year. I am extra excited (and sentimental) about piano lessons because the woman who taught me lessons from the time I was Em's age through high school is the woman who will be teaching Emery! Em was all smiles when I picked her up from lessons yesterday, and the sight of Karen's handwriting in her books brought back all the memories. I hope Emery falls in love with playing and who knows...maybe enjoys learning from Karen for over 10 years like I did. 
And perhaps the biggest reason to celebrate this week is because of this goof. I am going to be brave and say that for the first time in over 7 years we are officially done with diapers (for the next 7ish weeks haha). Bennett lives by the beat of his own drum and has zero time to pause and go potty...but we have turned the corner. Baby Shark undies and bribes for the win! Way to go B! (And am I the only one who thinks little underwear butts are the cutest thing in the entire world!?! Gah..so cute.)
Friday morning vibes are always a little different from the rest of the week; this boy has set the tone for out day lately, and he didn't disappoint this morning. Excited to pick everyone up after school and enjoy three days together.

Hoping for a happy and healthy weekend for all!





 

Comments

Popular Posts