My Monday Outlook: Blessed with Busy

I used to write every week. There was always too much I wanted to remember or say. 
And while the part of having lots to remember and lots to say hasn't changed at all, really it has increased, so has the to-do list and the running here and there. But I would not change a thing. I see our busyness as a blessing. We are able to go to school, we are able to celebrate family, we are able to have fun with friends. Our to-do list will forever be never ending, but that is because we have three blessings at home and one on the way. 

To be honest this is not what I set out to write about today, but as I looked back through the last few weeks I just felt so thankful and blessed. I now give myself permission to write when I can and take a break when I can, and at the same time I promise to remember what a blessing all of it is. All of it.
These three have been busy living their best lives. Especially over the last two weekends. Last Friday kicked it off for us; our niece Courtney (finally) married Michael!! While they had planned to get married back in May, Covid had different plans. Judging by the smiles on their faces though, sharing their special day with their closest friends and family four months later was worth the wait.  
We were so excited to celebrate Michael and Courtney. No for real....we really, really were. They are just one of those couples who are a perfect match and have a long long life of fun and adventure ahead of them. Emery loves a wedding dance with her cousins, and the boys were just as excited. It was a beautiful night for a beautiful couple. Give me all the family weddings. 
Give me all the family weddings...especially with this guy as my slow dance partner. Douglas and I have always been a good team, but he is the real MVP lately. By supper time I get told to go relax on the couch, and I know that everything will be taken care of. My baby to-do list is done because of him too. Baby J is due October 27th...which is also our 15th "anniversary"... 15 years ago I could not have imagined this sweet life we have made together. I also now know Doug is great at doing the dishes and laundry....there is no going back now haha.
I have already mentioned on here that Avery bought a house in Newton. Who knew what a blessing to us that would be. Two weekends in a row Avery and Jordon asked to watch the kids...even Bennett this time. I told them they were crazy...but I would have been crazy to turn them down. Doug was able to work outside uninterrupted, I was able to run errands and rest, and the kids had the best day. If Avery and Jordon aren't careful they are going to have three kids that want to move in with them.
They painted pumpkins. 
They went fishing. I have been told that Bennett caught the most.
And they rode the go-cart.
A lot. I love this picture, and I love that Avery, Jordon and Paisley are so close now. 
I see many many playdates in the future....good thing Ave is really just a big kid himself. 
On Sunday I got to see some of my favorite ladies....all by myself. No kids. Normally there would be 12 kids running around. While we each love each others' kiddos, we also love actually getting to talk uninterrupted. We don't get to see each other much, so it is always good for the soul. This time especially....I highly recommend a no kid get together with your girls!
New school pictures have officially been placed in frames at our house. Do you just add the new pics on top of the old? Of course I took a walk down memory lane all the way to chubby-cheeked Emery Kayt in 3 yr old pre-school. Time really is a thief. I am so thankful that they are in school and loving it this year. Em has little details to share and admits that 2nd grade is getting harder. Auggie on the other hand tells us everything and wants to know when he will learn to read. Doug and I are very proud of both of them and thankful for their teachers and friends. Continued prayers for the rest of this semester and beyond!
This past weekend had lots of good stuff. I got to go out and celebrate my niece Mackenzie's engagement (I told you give me all the family weddings), we saw lots of friends and somehow still got lots done. Saturday morning we went to the Probst's for a little soccer scrimmage with friends. My kids have never played soccer, but they actually weren't half bad. The Dad's picked teams and seeing all the littles lined up waiting for their name to be called was too cute. I enjoyed sitting, drinking my coffee and chatting with the other moms. Sign me up to be a "soccer mom" if it can always be like this. 
That evening we had plans to have friends over for an outside get together. Doug and the kids worked in the yard, hotdogs were ready to be roasted on a fire....and then it started raining. So our fall outside party became an inside one. This picture shows 6 kids....6 out of the 19. It was loud and crazy but definitely fun. 
And I am now stocked with s'mores supplies for the next time. 
Sunday was get whatever was on Mommy's to-do list done day. Doug and I's bedroom is clean and ready for a sweet newborn to sleep close by. My hospital bag is packed. Laundry was worked on. Both cars were vacuumed out (three kids are actually a good help when vacuuming out messy cars. I mean they did make the mess). Carseats were switched around to make room for baby. And that still left time to play, treat ourselves to ice cream, do homework, piano lessons and baths. Aunt Vicki and Ella ended our weekend on a nice note when they stopped by with a freezer meal, food that will feed us for a few days and dessert. (Thank you ladies. Really). I love a productive yet fun weekend; I am also fine with just having fun ones for the foreseeable future now. 
We took this picture before our soccer game on Saturday and it just had me thinking about how much I can't wait to add another smile to this picture soon. I am 37 weeks tomorrow. 37!
I really, really try not to complain when I am pregnant. I know personally what a blessing this healthy baby doing somersaults in my stomach is. That being said...this baby is also kicking my butt all of a sudden! I am slow and sore and often stuck on the couch. But man am I going to miss this. Like I said at the beginning of this post, I am just feeling so thankful and blessed this morning.  Counting this baby along with all of the faces and stories from the last few weeks as just some of my many blessings.

*I have had a Bible Verse on my heart all day too, and when I went to read it, I realized how fitting it is for what I am feeling today.

“Don’t worry about anything; instead pray about everything; tell God your needs and don’t forget to thank him for his answers. Fix your thoughts on what is true and good and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely, and dwell on the fine, good things in others. Think about all you can praise God for and be glad about.” Philippians 4:6-8

It is of course also one of my Grandma's favorite verses. 
GOD (and Grandma) are working on me today.

Let this be a great week for everyone ~ Busy or not!


Comments

Popular Posts