Pals and Pumpkins

 We had a fun little weekend. We spent it with friends; good, good friends who always leave our cheeks hurting and our hearts full. And we spent it together; accomplishing little to-do's, carving pumpkins and getting ready for the week (the week I really hope to have this baby...). 
Just a little recap on this dreary Monday.
One of my good friends Dana signed up and trained to run a half marathon... only to have it cancelled.  Bummer! Many people would have stopped training and said "maybe next year". Not Dana. She stuck to her running plan which ended in 13.1 miles on the 17th. There was no way Ammon and I were going to let Dana run 13.1 without a cheering section, so we made posters, packed up the big kids and headed to the "race" early Saturday morning. 
Along with some of her family, we surprised her with a little cheer section. The kids hollered her name and showed off their posters, Ammon ran a mile with her to show her support, and we all followed her along her race route, so she could keep getting the little push she needed. 
And look at this finish line pose! Dana ran 13.1 without stopping. This girl is one of the sweetest girls I know and was so appreciative of all of us being there. I hope she knows what a role model she was to me in that moment and also to all the littles we brought along. 
Now I guess I have to run a half....maybe these girls will join me!
Go Dana! We are all so proud of you!

Saturday evening we celebrated. Our kids went to Grandma Susie and Grandpa Sammy's, and we got to hang out with the Mammoser's and Probst's...with zero kids around. I love all of their kids but what a treat! It was just a good day all around from start to finish (get it....). 
Sunday Doug worked in the yard (hello leaf season), the kids made a huge mess in the garage (and house), and I folded laundry. We planned for a fun break in the middle of the day to carve pumpkins. Its a tradition and one of my favorites! Last year we started having the kids draw their own faces to cut out and it really makes the process faster and more fun. This is Emery's.
And this is Auggie's. 
Bennett Lee had no idea what we were doing until we finally got his lid cut off and showed him how to roll up his sleeves and dive right in. He LOVED it. 
Like really loved it. 
Emery drew, cleaned and cut her pumpkin completely by herself this year. Go Em! Auggie drew one of my favorite faces yet (still refuses to touch the insides of the pumpkin with his hand), Bennett loved his pumpkin so much he took up talking to it, and I carved a cute baby pumpkin for my cute baby pumpkin. 
We ended the night lighting them up. Pretty cute little pumpkin family we have on our porch!


So that was our weekend. Pals and pumpkins. 
Ready for this week! (And ready to have a baby!)


























Comments

Popular Posts