Halloween, Two Weeks Old and Some Little Moments

I have only been at this for two weeks, but I have quickly learned that life with four littles moves much much faster than life with just three. As Doug and I teamwork it more than we ever have before, I find myself trying to remember what life was like with just Em, then with Aug and then with B; it all feels like a blur. I am quickly reminded that this newborn stage is fleeting. Busy and tiring sure....but also incredibly sweet and in my opinion over way too fast. 

If ever there was a time to blog it is now. Because I don't want to forget any of it.  
Last weekend we celebrated Halloween! We are a Halloween loving family. Normally we do an all family themed costume, but this year simple and fun was the name of the game. The big kids got to wear their costumes to school Friday and then on Saturday we trick-or-treated with Paisley and friends.
Side note: I would be lying if I said I wasn't already trying to think of what our family of six costume can be next year...
Emery was a little grey kitty. The girl is easy to please and usually picks comfort over just about anything else. Comfy and cute for the win.
Auggie was a dinosaur. He would tell you more specifically a Velociraptor. This picture cracks me up because this is so him right now. He stomps around like this constantly at home, and he knows some pretty interesting Dino facts. 
Bennett was a "raff". Anyone he told guessed bat or rat based on what he was saying. Guess we should have worked on saying Giraffe. He was however the cutest little giraffe ever and loved everything about Halloween.
Theodore was a just a baby for Halloween. A really, really sweet one. 
The tradition has become that we trick-or-treat with the Probst's in their subdivision; the Mammoser's joined us this year too, so we had a pretty good little crew. We left Theo at home for a few hours with Nana...he was much happier this way and it was fun to be with the "big" kids for awhile. They had a blast, and Doug and I had a blast watching them. Bennett was my favorite. Always lagging behind but so excited at every house. When we asked him what he had to say to get candy his first response was "I say can I have some candy please?" What a polite little trick-or-treater he was!
We got ton of candy this year. Don't worry though, we are doing our best to eat it all.
Sunday morning we were up and out the door (successfully on time might I add) and headed to Sharon's house for newborn pictures. This was our first time with six in the van....it felt full. Shar worked her magic on my four, and I cannot wait to see the final pictures. I also love that she is the one to capture our moments.
Instead of just coming straight home we decided it would be the perfect day to stop at Grove. Sam and Sue of course treated us to lunch and entertained the big kids while Doug and I went over to show Theo off to Grandma Angie. It was so good to see her rock her 114th great-grandchild. I think she would have rocked all day, and Theo was more relaxed than he had ever been. Because of Covid only grandparents have held Theodore and what a special moment each time has been! 
This past week we have found our groove. Theo and I did our first week of school pick-up and running big kids here and there. One day found me stranded with a completely flat tire and a screaming newborn but other than that, success. We have gotten good at taking walks and taking naps (both Theo and I). 
Emery has been a life saver (you should see her hush and pat his little butt). Really the boys have been great helpers too. 
I win for the favorite though. Theo and I get to spend a lot of time together and I am loving it. 
During the day he sleeps and eats and sleeps some more. I know the perfect way to bundle him up in the bouncy seat and the boy is out. Just like Bennett. Even though he has been an absolute angel baby, I still don't know where my days go. I blink and he is another week older.
The highlight of this past weekend was Theodore's first bath. The big kids loved the experience. Theo, however, did not.
He did like the warm towel and cuddles after it though. 
This amazing weather had the big kids and Doug outside all weekend. Theo and I joined them for a walk and fun at the park. I am so thankful for all of their help. I am also thankful that I could send them outside this past week....my life right now is just a mix of peace and quiet and absolute craziness. 
Two weeks finds Theo drinking 3oz about every three hours, sleeping all day, and showing us his bright eyes a little more. He loves his zip swaddle at night time, his paci and the bouncy seat. And we love him.

Looking forward to what this week has in store. Probably a lot of what we have been doing which is fine by me. I think it goes by too fast anyway. 

Happy Monday!





























Comments

Popular Posts