Christmas Countdown

 The countdown is officially on...we are only ten days away from Christmas!
I promise you Theodore is more excited than he looks. At least I think he is. 
I know these boys are excited. I was blessed (in hindsight I'm calling it a blessing...but lets be honest, we had our fair share of hard moments too) to get extra Auggie and Bennett time these past two weeks. The first half of our time together left me frustrated and frazzled. The second half I made it a point to slow down and do boy stuff; thank goodness for the beautiful weather we had.
These two...they are good at making messes. And they are good at loving on me. 
Pretty sure Theo prefers them not being home though; he is not in the business of sharing me lately.
On Thursday Mom helped me finish up Christmas shopping with Bennett and Theo in toe. *Note that Theo started out in a cute little outfit. And then a blowout happened..and then I realized the extra change of clothes I had "packed" were actually sitting on his dresser at home. Remember I said thank goodness for the beautiful weather...I mean a little fresh air never hurt a naked newborn right? Most importantly, I got my shopping done! A little elf (lets just call her Grandma Susie) is coming over today to help me wrap presents, and then we will officially be ready to celebrate!
The warm weather of last week also gave us the perfect evening to walk around up town and see the lights. Emery, Auggie and Bennett just make this season so fun. Seeing Christmas through their eyes is my absolute favorite thing and the only present I need. Douglas would agree. 
The real highlight of the past week was this girl and her very first piano recital. Em has been taking piano lessons since September, and really, really loves it. Doug and I can't believe how much she has learned in just a few months. She played "Up on the House Top" and if she was nervous she sure didn't let it show. I might have gotten teary eyed when she walked back to us with a big smile. Everything she does for the first time is a first time for Doug and I too....I get a little sappy with her. My first. My girl. 
Another level of sweetness is the fact that Em is taking lessons from the woman I took lessons from for over ten years. I know Karen loves teaching Emery. My Grandma always wanted me to play the piano, so I could play at church. She would be giddy at the fact that Emery Kayt is learning to play from Karen. She totally would have teared up too!
Em had quite the cheering section. Grandpa Jim and Nana were very proud of her, but not as proud as Auggie and Bennett. Auggie quietly sang along while she played, and Bennett couldn't wait to give his big sis flowers when she was done. Theodore slept though it all (hallelujah). Now that we have a piano, I want to re-learn how to play all the Christmas songs. Em is enjoying finally having a piano to practice on and the boys just want to know how to turn it down or off. 
This week its back to just me and Mr. T. Sorry big boys...but I kind of prefer it this way. Cuddles and Christmas to-dos are the only plans I have as we countdown to Christmas 2020. It really is the most wonderful time of the year!





















Comments

Popular Posts