Little Ones to Him Belong

I bought the sweetest little white sign at Hobby Lobby when I was pregnant with Bennett. I knew I had to have it for my sweet baby boy's room the minute I saw it. On it are the words "Little Ones to Him Belong..." and if your childhood was anything like mine, you can't help but finish the little tune. When I look at that sign I can remember sitting in the last pew to the left in the Hidalgo Baptist Church every Sunday. I can hear my Grandma's voice repeating "Jesus Loves Me" as Austin, Avery and I try our best to sing along. Now the sign decorates Theo's room. Theodore Douglas, my perfect little gift from God. Theo, along with that little white sign, remind me of Jesus' love and faithfullness daily.
Theo was baptized on Sunday. As we gathered around the baptismal fount I was reminded of Doug and I's mission to raise children that know how much they are loved by God and who go on to live lives of faith and serventhood. The baptism of my baby is the greatest reminder to me of my own baptism. My own promise to God and now a promise to raise my babies believing and seeking Him. 
Little eyes are watching and little ears hear--Sunday Doug and I rededicated our lives to live out our faith so that Emery, Auggie, Bennett and Theo can live out theirs. 
This is my favorite picture from the day. Emery and Auggie were so excited for Theo's baptism and Bennett took it all in too. They wanted to take part in everything and asked lots of good questions. Theo has taught our family a lot about love and teamwork. While this was his special day, it allowed us to talk about our own baptisms and how much God loves each one of us.
I am one of the biggest believers that it takes a village to raise a child. Theo's Godparents were chosen for special reasons and I know they will play an important role in his life. I hope Theo has Avery's big heart. I hope Theo has Vicki's dedication to faith and family. I hope Theo can feel like he can go to either of these two for guidance and support. Thank you Avery and Vicki for playing such an important role in my life and now my sons!
Normally both of our entire families celebrate days like this with us. But poor Theo is a Pandemic Baby. Just Godparents and Grandparents helped us celebrate on Sunday; I keep promising to have the biggest 1st birthday bash for Theodore come October!  

Here he is looking all comfy with Grandma and Papa.
Look at that little perfect pout he has with Nana.
And I love the smiles he brings to Grandpa Sammy and Grandma Susie.
He is one loved little boy. 
We had a tiny party afterwards at the Wine Shop. I really miss having big get togethers with everyone, but it was nice to be able to visit with just our little crowd. Theo was exhausted after his big day...
But woke up in time for some very neat gifts. The winner of them all is this cross that was handmaid by Doug's Uncle Ted (aka the original Theodore). We have a much larger cross made out of this same wood...the wood that came out of the original Jansen Farm house. Clearly Theo is a big fan. What a cool keepsake. 
Theo's baptism really was the perfect little day for our family. Including Theo deciding his baptism was the prime time to fill his diaper and Bennett asking a little to loudly for my liking if the Priest was a boy or a girl (the robe threw him off I guess). Like I said, picture perfect. These little moments and the importance of the day make it one to remember. I will think of it now when I look at that little white sign in Theo's room. 

"Little ones to Him belong. They are weak when He is strong...."

 

Comments

Popular Posts