Easter 2021

This Easter there were no big zoom calls, no Nana posing 6 feet away pictures, no just us meals. There was however family, fresh air and the chance to just soak in the abundant blessings of our risen Savior. While this year's Easter was still a little different, it was also so good. 
One of our favorite family destinations is to another family's house (with another favorite family). The Jansens and the Jansens go to the Jansens! Auggie asks to go to Uncle Phil's house weekly and sadly we had not been there since early last summer. Due to Covid we have really barley seen Phil and Tari. (Insert praise hands for the vaccine here). We told the kids about two days before the trip that we were going up to Uncle Phil's....I don't know if they slept after that. Too excited to sleep.
Emery loves family so much. Cousin time trumps any other time for her. I feel like I barely saw her this trip.
Auggie loves Uncle Phil's because of his "tractor" lawn mower and woods. He also just loves Uncle Phil.
I don't think Bennett remembers a thing from the last couple of years. Everything is new.
He also just loves to be included and have free run of snacks...so yeah, he loves Uncle Phil's too. 
This sweet babe was in my belly last time we visited. Theo loves nothing more than to be held and talked to...so maybe he really loves Aunt Tari the most. 
The kids played from sun up to wayyy past sun down, slept great and got back up to do it all again. We explored the creek, colored eggs, ate lots of snacks, sat by the fire, rode the golf cart and just enjoyed our time together. Uncle Phil's is always fun. 
We hurried back Saturday because we had our first soccer games. As in first soccer games ever; we are new to the sport. Em is on her best bud Charlee's team. Both girls got right in there during the game. 
Auggie Boy...might be a little soccer rocker. My Dad came to the games; he was captain of his football team and coached lots of years of baseball. Not what you would call a soccer guy. Auggie immediately takes control of the ball, takes it down field and scores a goal. Dad turns to me and says "Well...I might have to be a soccer guy now." Auggie went from nervous and anxious about playing soccer to looking like a talented natural. He even turned around and gave us a confident thumbs up after his second goal. I was relieved to see him enjoy hisself. Dad is right...I might be a soccer guy now. 
Sunday afternoon we had Mom, D, Aunt Linda, Austin's and Avery's over. What a beautiful day Easter Sunday was! (Also this was the best picture I got of the kids....and it cracks me up). 
As always the food was delicious. Last year for our Just Us Easter, the kids and I made Empty Tomb Rolls and decided it would be a tradition. Paisley joined in on the making this year, and the kids did so good telling the adults what each ingredient and step represented. The big kids enjoyed making (and eating) these and finding a million eggs during the egg hunt.
These two cuties enjoyed the fresh air and attention. And to think there will be another little one in the picture next year. And I know what it is! I am one lucky Aunt!
Today I am getting a glimpse at Summer Break. Slow start to the morning, every yard toy is out, every door is open, lunch outside, we will probably go on our second walk here in a little bit, and I try to see what I can accomplish while Theodore naps. I could get used to this.

That's our 2021 Easter. Sweet and simple. I have been feeling a heart tug to find the sweet and simple lately. I have been thinking a lot about God's abundant love lately too. While life can seem filled with hard stuff, suffering and evil, there is also an abundance of good, good, good stuff. This Easter reminded me of this fact. All Easters should remind me. It is the holiday of hope, a promise kept, and proof of that big abundant love. 

I hope you had a Happy Easter too!

 

Comments

Popular Posts