Spring Fun

 

Flowers are blooming, birds are chirping, new school skirts and shorts are set out every night, and the calendar is full. Must be Spring!
I learned a lot of lessons from this past year's pandemic and one of them is to soak in spring. Spring was always the forgotten season, last on the list. But I remember walking on the trec trail last year all by ourselves and looking around and for the first time really noticing the sweetness and beauty of it. Spring means more fun outside, more sights, sounds and smells and more memories to be made. I so enjoyed last years spring and have been anxiously waiting this one. The above bare knees and big smiles make me happy!
So does this guy. He would live outside. He is the first one to go out and the last one to come in. And oh. so. dirty. He is going to love this summer so much. 
"Sweet home, sweet home!" ~Bennett Lee 
This guy is digging our daily walks and his new swing from Nana. I love watching him try to track down the source of the sounds he hears outside. I love how blonde the sun makes his eyelashes and hair look. Mostly...I just love this baby so darn much. 
This weekend was full. (Almost as full as my couch). Friday night we ate at the food trucks out at the winery. It was perfection outside. I now plan to do this every Friday; consider this an open invitation. Saturday morning we took our time getting ready for the day. I attempted to get a Saturday Couch Crew pic....this was the absolute best one. We will try again next weekend. 
We got all dressed up for our niece's wedding on Saturday!! Look at these cuties...they clean up so well! As a family we love nothing more than a family wedding. It is so fun to see everyone, and it is so fun to see our family grow. I also have the most gorgeous nieces ever. For real. 
I have always been a sucker for love and a cry baby at weddings. Now times that by four. Its hard not to put yourself in the shoe of the mother dancing with her now married son or in the shoe of the mother turning around to see her husband walk her daughter up the aisle. Dang...I might tear up right now. 
Weddings are always a reminder for me of how blessed I am in my own and a nudge to keep praying for whoever God puts in the life of my littles. That is a long longgg way down the road....so I'll just enjoy dancing the night away with my crew for now. 
Sunday was another full and fun day. Emery made her first reconciliation. She was a little nervous leading up to the day, but after talking about always being able to talk to God about our struggles and how good it feels to confess and be forgiven she was good to go. She put it in her own terms: "It feels like when you have been outside in the summer and you are dirty and hot....and then you jump in the pool and you feel new and refreshed." Yes Em, you are right sister.
After church, Em and I headed to Newton and Doug headed to a nephew and niece's first communion. We had Paisley's birthday party! Last April was suppose to be our first celebration with her...and then Covid ruined everything. We wanted to be there to celebrate her this year; even the rain didn't stop us from having fun. It's always good to see the fam, and it's always good to see two very important and very handsome men in my life cuddle. Look at the blue eyes in this picture. 

We got back home in time to put pjs on and head to bed. I think we were all tired.
After I finally got the big kids out of bed this morning I told them some happy news....only four more Mondays of school! All of this spring fun is quickly going to turn into summer fun....and we are ready.

Happy Monday...enjoy!







Comments

Popular Posts