Holiday World 2021

Nothing says summer quite like a fun filled day at Holiday World. I love Holiday World. I am like a walking billboard for it. I love how kid friendly it is, how clean it is, how fun it is. But really I figure I love it as much as I do because of all the memories I have there. The boys and I went our whole lives, Doug and I started going back in high school (so forever ago), and we took Emery Kayt back when she was one. We haven't stopped going and making new memories since. 

This year we went with a few others and it made the trip that much more fun! The kids loved it, the adults loved it and I know Nana loved it. We also had the genius idea to drive to Jasper, IN the evening before and spend the night at a hotel. This was the best decision ever. It made the trip and day at Holiday World so much more enjoyable. Plus we got to swim even more. Why do kids love hotels and pools so much? (okay honestly I love them too). 

We got to the park before it even opened and got to be first in line for a few rides. I can't complain about lines at all because we barely had to stand in any the whole day!
Auggie was big and brave all day and one of my little riding buddies.
Bennett was my other riding buddy. He was so fun. Even though he went two years ago, it was like his very first time. He was tall enough to ride most of the "big kid" rides, and he was the perfect mix of cautious and carefree. You should have seen his little pout when he wasn't big enough for a ride. Maybe next year B!
The girls had a blast together. Alayna is afraid of nothing. She wants to go on the tallest, fastest ride there is. Paisley was a first-timer this trip and was up for anything. She even rode a roller coaster (and quickly regretted riding the roller coaster). Emery was probably the most cautious of the day but this smile never left her face. She would be content just watching everyone else and is always sweet and encouraging to her little brothers. I think I could watch her help Bennett go on the water slides all day. 
Half the group went and did roller coasters and I guess you could say Nana and I and the kids did too. The boys' favorite ride of the day was the Holidog roller coaster. Aug showed B just what to do; they both put there little arms up and grinned the whole time. Before too long it will be Theo who we are watching on  the little roller coaster. 
After lunch it was time for the water park. Everyones favorite!! We were ready for an afternoon of water fun...
...and then a storm rolled in. We camped out under some big slides and stayed hopeful that it would pass quickly. Thankfully about half an hour later we were okayed to swim again. Yay! 
Doug, DeeDee and I decided to talk all the kids into doing the Watubee with us and it ended up being one of my kids' favorite part of the day.
Emery took some coaxing to do this big slide but look at that smile. Doug told her it was a calm, relaxing ride. On the way down she yelled, "I THOUGHT YOU SAID THIS WAS A RELAXING RIDE!!"
Sorry Em. Sometimes we as parents know you will love something so we have to convince you somehow. 
My favorite part of the day was taking up eight slides on the jungle racers with my crew. Right after the storm there were no lines, so we got to get right on these a few times. Auggie and Paisley are at the very top in this picture coming down. Emery, Alayna, Bennett, DeeDee, Doug and I are coming in hot. I think I won this one...not to brag. 
I wonder how many times we have been to Holiday World together? And it gets more fun every year. We closed down the water park and almost closed down the rides too. No one ever wants to leave, and I guess that is a sign of a great day. 
Grandma and Grandpa (and I think Aunt Vicki and cousins) got to spoil this guy while we were gone. Thank you guys! Its always so nice not to have to worry about the littlest. Next year he will go with us and we will make even more memories. 
Holiday World 2021 you did not disappoint. 
Until next time!

Comments

Popular Posts