Theodore Douglas || One Year Old

Before we learned if our forever baby was going to be a boy or girl, I think deep down I knew. From the moment I knew of your existence, I knew you would bring our family a tremendous amount of joy. I knew you would show us how to love. I knew you would make our lives somehow easier, I knew you would unite us, make us laugh, make us better, make us whole. I knew you were a gift. Theodore means "gift from God" and from the very, very beginning that was your name. Because that is what you are. I knew deep down that you were you, our son. And while I imagined all of the wonderful things you would bring to us, one year later that already doesn't come close. You make life so sweet Baby Theo, and today you are one!

If I had to describe you in one word it would be "toy". We say this constantly. You want to be played with and seek out attention and laughter. We all know that all it takes to get a big belly laugh from you is a funny face...honestly sometimes just a regular face. As the forth you spend a lot of your time trying to keep up, and this last month you seem to have developed what we call your "jet pack". You put your crawling into overdrive by putting your head down and moving your little legs and arms as fast as they can possibly go. You know you aren't suppose to be in the bathroom, laundry room or Emery's room; however, that seems to be where we can find you the most. You show off at supper with loud squeaks and tricks like balancing your sippy cup on your head, your little butt moves instantly when you hear music, and you have mastered taking everything out of every cabinet every night. The world is yours and we are just here to watch and laugh.You sleep like a rock (bless you), you love all food and lots of it, and no one brings you more happiness than your Daddy. He gets the biggest crooked grins and is who you reach for every time. Emery is your other little mom, Auggie makes you laugh the easiest and Bennett is patient and sweet with you while simultaneously telling you over and over "No, Bub" when you try to steal his toys. I want to cuddle and kiss you all day, but you want no part of that. I think the last time you snuggled you were three months old; its like you are big (or think you are big) and yet you are very much still our baby. 

I could say a million other things that we love about you. A million things that make you you Peo. 

Big boy or baby, you really are officially one Theodore! This first year of you has been such a gift to us. I knew it would be. Love you little boy. Happy Birthday!!!
























Comments

Popular Posts