Love, Love, Love

We have a little Valentine's Day tradition at our house: You have to ask someone to be your Valentine. 
Since Auggie could talk, he has called dibs on me. He stated once at our Valentine Supper that he loved me because...he just did. A lot. Emery has always had a soft spot for Bennett or sometimes her Daddy. One year Douglas even went Valentines-less. About a month ago, Doug walked in with a larger than anyone should ever eat alone Reese's Heart and formally asked me to be his Valentine. In front of the kids. Auggie's mouth dropped. His forever Valentine was stollen right in front of him! It was fun to change it up a little this year really. Even with different Valentines, everyone felt the love. 
Auggie ended up asking Theodore to be his Valentine. After he asked he paused....and then sweetly said "I'll take that as a yes." Although this picture doesn't look like it, I think after me, Theo would probably pick Auggie. "Aug-heee" is his most said word and my two blondies light up when they see each other. Auggie hand picked Theo a little puppy stuffed animal. It was love at first sight. Theo got Aug a little legos set (with a little help from yours truly). Brotherly love is the best kind there is. 
I don't remember if Em asked B or B asked Em, but I do know the answer was an immediate yes. Bennett has always been Emery's first real baby brother. Her Bubba. She is patient with him (even after the rest of us no longer have any more patience to give him), she understands him, she is his biggest helper. And Bennett adores her attentiveness and affection. She is the sweetest sister to all. And Bennett...everyone loves Bennett. 
That left this guy to me. Even without the Reese's (and I really love Reese's), I would have said yes. Doug and I had a Valentine's to remember; we got to witness the engagement of our niece Tara and her new fiancé Ray. It was so special. I mean I just love love, and it is especially sweet to see your family find their perfect match. After the engagement we got to ice skate. Nothing says Valentines like holding hands, laughing the night away...and bruised knees from falling down. It really was a night to remember.

Valentine's Day 2022, you were lovely. 
Until next year...I wonder who my Valentine will be!?!





 

Comments

Popular Posts