School's Out!

The last bell rang, book bags have been unloaded and big smiles are on faces. This can only mean one thing...it is officially Summer Break! 
This crew has been in summer mode for a few weeks now. By summer mode I mean dirty feet, suppers on the deck and staying up past bedtime. I think since the big three are older now and have fond memories of summer, they have been as anxious as I am for summer to get here. Em keeps saying she can't believe it is here already (I agree), Auggie just wants to go swimming (me too, bud), Bennett can't find his shoes already (if you see him out barefoot, don't look at me), and Theodore doesn't even know all the fun (and Mommy time) he is about to have. 
Emery Kayt had a fantastic year in school. To be honest, we are completely hands off with her. She know what she needs to do, and she does it. She has at least five books going at once, loved science the most, decided biscuits and gravy is the best lunch at school, got better and better in math and my favorite part, grew closer with a few super sweet girlfriends. Her friends and teachers all call her Em, and I am pretty sure they would all agree that she has the biggest, sweetest heart of them all. 
I asked all the kids what they were most looking forward to this summer. In typical Em fashion she said spending time with her family. While I believe her, she has already asked to spend the night at a friend's house tomorrow...so I can see where we rank. Along with entertaining her brothers and planning sleepovers, she is going to do swim, softball and piano throughout the summer. 
She is going to be busy but in all the right ways. 
Auggie Boy finished up 1st grade; he also has had the best year. His biggest accomplishment in my eyes is how well he can read! He also decided science was his favorite subject (he has always loved to know how things work), but thinks the school's chicken noodle soup is the best. He loved playing with Russell and Grant at recess (the three musketeers), wearing tall socks and earning candy for being good. 
Douglas and I used to worry about him and school....we had nothing at all to worry about. 
This cool kids wants to swim and swim and swim. He should be big enough to do the water slide at the Newton pool which opens up a whole new possibility of fun. I think I am also going to let him ride his bike to  a close friends house for some boy days. Don't tell Bennett. 
Bennett loved "stoooood" just like we knew he would. He didn't learn anyones name until the end of the year (which is not surprising), and his teachers loved his infectious personality (also not surprising). Everyone always loves B. 
Bennett was made for summers; he is happiest when barely clothed and dirty. My favorite thing to do is to see things through Bennett's eyes; everything is always new and fun. It is going to be a sweet summer with him. It already has been. 
Theodore has no idea, but he is going to love summer the most. First of all, he is obsessed with me all of a sudden. Like it is a problem. So he will already have that going for him. I already know my summer days are going to be spent walking close behind him around the yard, getting him out of trouble. He already got mad that I wouldn't let him jump off the dock at the lake, and he would prefer to play in the road vs the yard. I am looking forward to Theo cuddles...but pray for me when it comes to the rest. 
I also had a great year at school. Number 11 is in the books, and I think it was the fastest one yet. Speech is my favorite subject to teach, I don't eat school lunch, and I loved reading journals and planning extra fun. I learned a lot this year. I learned that small acts of kindness matter and that God has me right where I am meant to be right now. This summer I am most looking forward to fresh out of his crib Theo cuddles, swimming non stop with my big three, patio parties (and lots of them) with friends and sneaking away here and there with Douglas. 
Jansens do Summer 2022...here we go!!!



Comments

Popular Posts