Our New Journey


I want to shout it at the top of my lungs but typing it in all CAPS will have to do:


I AM PREGNANT!!!!!!

Doug and I are expecting our first child and absolutely could not be happier.  But it definitely has not hit us yet and I think this is normal...or at least that is what we are going with right now. I think this is normal because as of now, nothing at all has changed. Except for this  HUGE ( okay maybe speaking in baby terms, tiny)  secret we are keeping. No one knows and no one will know for at least a week or so-- but we do not want to forget these moments. Blog World, you are the first to know...but shhhh....try to keep it a secret!

Baby Story Part I:
My husband is baby crazy and always has been. Growing up the youngest of eight and having 22 nieces and nephews will do that to a guy. Honestly, Doug has been around way more babies and kids then I have and will be the most wonderful and caring father. That is one of the reasons I fell immediately in love. I am the one that, for a while, put babies on the back burner. I had a plan: 
Step One: A healthy and growing marriage--CHECK. Being blessed with finding your soul mate seven years ago made that step pretty easy. 
Step Two: Jobs/Money??/House--CHECK. None of these steps have been easy but having step one completed made them much more tolerable, fun at times, and they have all been well worth it .
Step Three: ????--SKIP. I honestly could never pinpoint step three, but a baby was not it. I wanted to go on trips, do whatever I wanted, sleep-in, go to Mexico one more time....just not grow up for at least a little while longer.
Step Four: Start a family--WORKING ON IT. After buying our house, I just kept feeling that something was missing. It felt sort of empty... and all of a sudden it HIT me. I wanted to be a mom and I did not want to wait. Much easier said then done, but I am sure it is going to be worth the wait.

My Mom and Dad had trouble having children and the fear that that would happen to me has always been in the back of my mind. But, God is good and we are so blessed. Now praying for a healthy, happy baby will be my new past time :)

I actually feel better after typing this....but I cannot wait to tell a real live person....thanks for listening! 

Mommy-to-be
Ashley 


Comments

Popular Posts