Back to Reality

It is officially over. My Christmas break has been wonderfully long, eventful, and relaxing--exactly what I needed. But all good things must come to an end and that alarm clock will be going off very early in the morning. I have mixed feelings.....I am excited to get back to school because I love my job, colleagues, and my kiddos. I am going to be teaching a unit on The Holocaust and Anne Frank, a subject I have always been very interested in, and I am looking forward to sharing this time period with my students. I also secretly miss their cooky, insightful, funny, smart stories!

But I also have had a realization this last day of break---This. Is. It. This is it as in this is my last real "break." School will be busy and fly by, summer will be quickly approaching, and Baby J will be here--my life will never be the same. Because of this, I feel like tomorrow starts a new chapter in my life and one that I am very scared off and at the same time OVERLY excited for. I am on the fast track to being a mommy and I still cannot believe that sometimes :)

Well it is time to un-package my new fancy pens and brush-up on compound and complex sentences (fun, fun..). I need to get to bed early tonight to ensure that I get up in the morning to get ready---I have to start this new chapter of life with a good hair day!

Comments

  1. Are your pens Sparkley???? Im sure you had a great hair day..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts