Friends and Family

This weekend marked the start of the "whirlwind of weekends" that are about to be Doug and I's life. Our calendar is FULL. Told the Hubby I guess I will just see him in June ha! But being busy can be a good thing, especially when busy time is full of friends and family!

Doug and I parted ways for this weekend. He headed north for a weekend of basketball and birthday shenanigans. I doubt he took any picture to add to the blog....

I headed home for two bridal showers and some fabric shopping!
First up was my beautiful friend Sharon's shower.  I hadn't visited with her in such a long time and it was so fun to see her and how happy she is. Wedding bells are ringing and the big day will be here so soon. I wanted to do something special for her shower gift, so I consulted my good friend Pinterest. I wish I could come up with crafty things on my own.....

I made her a basket of "firsts" wines. I picked out four wines that were perfect for four firsts that happen in marriage. "Big Red House" for their first home, "Cupcake" for their first anniversary, "Little Black Dress" for their first "date" night, and "Naked" for their first fight. I used my English teacher skills and wrote little poems to go along with them too. I love the way it turned out!





Each poem had the name of the wine in it somewhere, so First Fight ended up being a little risque..... 
Oh well I guess:)


Might be my new go-to gift to make!

One of the best parts of my busy schedule is the fact that I get to see three of my favorite people. High school best friends transferring into grown-up best friends. I love these girls so much and cannot wait to see where life takes us. Kendra's shower is next weekend so more lovely lady time. God has blessed us with four wonderful men (or maybe I should say God has blessed them with four awesome girls!) 

After Shar's shower, Mom, Gma, and I booked it to Terre Haute to do some fabric shopping. We were on the hunt for the perfect fabric to use for baby girl's crib skirt. Gma is making it, which I think is so so special, and I know she will make it perfect. This little girl is already so spoiled.

Today was one more wedding shower and a long trip home. I haven't really driven by myself (when I say this I mean over a long distance) since college honestly. Not my thing. I would much rather be riding and Hubby driving. Anyway, I made it home, unpacked, and Douglas walked in the door about an hour after me. Long time no see!! He had been gone since Thursday and I have decided that that is far too long. So happy for both of us to be home---now I just wish I had one more day before Monday....

Today is also Doug's birthday. I know he had a blast this weekend but we also went and grabbed some supper tonight to celebrate. He is the big 2-4 and I know he is so excited for what this year has in store for him:) Next year he will get two presents--one from me and one from baby girl!

Well, comfy clothes are on, Winnie is cuddly, and the weekend is almost over.....more friends and family in the near future for us which is fine by me!



Comments

  1. Glad I thought to see if you had anything new on your blog. Happy that you and Doug are home safely. Praise God. Absence makes the heart grow fonder so I guess a little time away from one another is good once in awhile. Layed the material all out this afternoon and got it all measured out. Anxious to get started. Glad you and Doug each had a good weekend. Was so good to spend time with you and get to feel tummy with BJ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED my gift from you! And of course seeing you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts