Monday...

My title says it all. Monday. Mondays mean the weekend (the weekend full of cuddles and changes and smiles) is over. Five days away from Em. FIVE days. Man....and I thought I disliked Mondays before. Emery gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "living for the weekends".

Good thing we had a great one. We didn't have anywhere to go and only a short to-do list. This post is going to be picture packed---kind of a recap of last week AND the weekend.


I thought I better add this guy to the post. He took me on our first date night post baby:) Our friends Kendra and Travis watched Em so we knew she was in good hands. We had some delicious food and mostly talked about Emery haha.....I guess this will always be our favorite topic! It was nice to get dressed up for each other and spend some quality time together. 
Just a little Em and the Zebs (sounds like the Biebs) time. Her face sure doesn't show it in this one, but I promise she loves him! 

One of our new favorite pastimes is to smile like crazy. I swear she is on the verge of giggling too.... Morning stretches and smiles are my FAVORITE right now and this past weekend was full of them.


Last week I received this picture from the babysitter. And I cried. At school. I cried because I was not the first one to sit Emery up in a chair. Oh the emotions of a new mom...I have since gotten over this and realize I am not going to be there for everything...My baby is growing up too fast.

I think this little squirt likes being like the big kids!
Since sitting up is one of our new things, we tried out the bumbo seat this weekend. This face cracks.me.up. I really am not sure what emotion this is haha.

All that sitting wore this poor girl out!
Emery and I did a little shopping this weekend too. Two outfits for her and two for me:)
I think she looks so pretty on this picture. 

And drum roll please.....
One of the BIGGEST events of the weekend was moving Emery into her crib.

I planned on being one of those moms who started off their baby in the crib. NO questions asked. You sleep in your crib and you like it. That first night in the hospital changed my tune real fast. After being labor, giving birth, and being up for over 24 hours, I did not sleep a wink that first night in the hospital. How could I? I had to watch her, check on her, sooth her, (poke her--had to make sure we were breathing okay in there!). Who was I kidding...had I really thought I was just going to go home and put my baby girl in another room to sleep. Dream on new mommy.

She has been in a pack-n-play in our room ever since. I can hear her, see her, sooth her, and I yes I even still poke her from time to time. Weekly (okay sometimes daily) Doug has been asking me about putting her in her crib. My usual response is that I will "think about it" which just means I am buying more time for myself. Myself--not Emery--I doubt she really cares where she sleeps.

 This is Em the day we brought her home. Wayyyyy too small for a big crib....
 
And here she is. All big and stuff. (Sorry for the creepy picture...)
She did just fine and this Mom did not do too bad either. I only checked on her a few times....
But it was hard.
This is Emery the next morning...she must have slept good in that bed of hers:)

Ahhh.....slow down life. You are moving way too fast. (Yet I already wish it was the weekend...sigh)









Comments

  1. Woo Hoo finally am able to type on this thing and make comments, share, etc. Havent been able to for two or three days. Love the photos. I agree she is changing and growing soooo much. Just have to relax and enjoy every phase she goes thru. She is so precious. So glad you and Doug got to spend the evening out. Don't forget to keep time for yourselves too. Miss you all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts