Mother's Day 2015

Our Mother's Day was the perfect day. First of all--NO rain (until now)-I am so thankful for that. Other things I am thankful for include but are not limited to: Em kisses, lots of food, family time, and an awesome new lounge chair for all of my up-coming beside the pool lounging.
Doug and Emery surprised me with my new chair and pillows and we made progress on the pool and hot tub today. I am ready to swim with my little fish! I am guessing when Baby Boy naps this summer you will find these two girls soaking in the sun.  
I made sure I asked for lots of kisses today and Emery Kayt was happy to give them. Such an easy gift:)
I think she is a fan of the new chair too....I caught her "cooking dupper" in my chair. The girl has life figured out---I wish I could lounge and cook at the same time!
Emery saw Grandma Susie and Grandma Angie last night and will see Gigi on Tuesday. Today she got to see most of her other "Mothers"--Nana, D, and Aunt Linda. The girl is majorly loved and majorly spoiled by all three of these ladies.
We cooked enough for an army. Or as I like to say, "We could have had all of the Jansens over too!"
Oh well, leftovers mean supper for Monday is already done--another Mother's Day gift to me!!
Em played with Hannah alllllllll afternoon. Pretty sure they had a crazy tea party and some tickling went down.
Eventually this happened. I am so glad Dora snapped this picture because these moments hardly happen anymore and they are my favorite.
And so are blurry pictures of Emery squeezes....
And so are big puckers that I do not even have to beg for anymore. The fact that she will walk up and want to kiss me just because melts my heart. I love her love.
I love this girl more than words. She made me a Mommy. And that belly will make me a Mommy+2. I know that I am beyond blessed. In past years I never put too much thought into Mother's Day. I guess I just thought it was a happy day for all women--as in we all have a mom or someone in our lives like a mom or we are a mom. I had never thought of the hurt or loss some might feel on this day.

 This year an amazingly strong woman in my life has opened my eyes to the fact that life is not always this perfect little picture. And the world needs to remember that and be sensitive of others. This Mother's Day my heart goes out to all of the woman who have had to see posts like this on social media all day or to the woman at the store who does not get told "Happy Mother's Day" when the cashier has no idea what they are going through. My heart goes out to those who are struggling with loss-of a child or mother. Some would give anything to have a child....let alone two like I will have soon. Again, I know I am blessed. And I thank God for that everyday. And in that same prayer I ask for peace and comfort for people like my friend.  

I do hope you all had a lovely day. That you felt loved. And that you feel that everyday!
Happy Mother's Day-Happy Sunday-Happy beautiful day in May!

Comments

  1. Thank you for these beautiful words and the compassion for those who have been sad today due to circumstances beyond their control. I am so thankful that God has blessed you and Doug with our precious Emery and now baby boy Jansen. I am thankful for the wonderful Mother that you are and for the wonderful Christian home that you and Doug have to bring up your children. I thank God that through making you a Mother I am not only a Grandmother but Great Grandmother (GiGI).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts