Another Week...Another Recap:)

These days all my brain seems to have time for are these weekly recaps. Sorry. 

Actually I am not that sorry because these simple weekly recaps are my life-they are my everything. You have no idea how much I enjoy loading my pictures to the blog Sunday evening and looking back at all of the special moments of our week. Every little moment is special. I love that I can go back and remember. Because I already know my brain can't remember it all. It just can't. Being a Mommy of a newborn, I have sappy, this-is-going-by-too-fast moments almost on the daily. I saw a one year old girl the other day and as I set and watched her and her mother interact, I could not for the life of me remember what Em was like at that age. I only really remember the now. Her goofy grin and sweet sassiness that fills my day now. Don't get me wrong, I loveeee the now, but I got all emotional that Em was not one anymore. (Do not even get me started on August.... He is two months going on two years in my head). But I went home and that night scrolled back a year and there she was. My newly walking, sweet as could be baby girl. The memories flooded back. Emery and I looked through a couple of posts and she just giggled every time she saw "Baby Emmy"---that already tells me that I am doing this blog for a good reason. Em and Aug will be able to go back and re-live the memories just like I do. You can thank me later kiddos!

That is why these weekly recaps are so so dear to me. So here we go. The week of August 24th, 2015 is in the books (or I guess I should say on the blog!)

Monday: That was a long time ago....
We went to school. We came home. We had supper. We went to the park to watch Daddy play tennis. 
The end. (Can you tell Mondays are just kind of a blur....)

Tuesday: Minni Mouse Day 1
By Tuesday I kind of have my grove back and can do more than just the bare necessities. Up first, laundry with my helpers. Okay...Em actually does help around the house, but that Auggie is just so lazy. I keep him on the payroll because he is cute and he likes me a lot.
Gigi and Papa gave Emery the cutest Minni Mouse outfit which just made her day. Actually it made two days because you will soon see that this outfit makes more than one appearance this week. Miss Wrinkle-Nose is all about me doing her hair recently. A dream come true! She requests "Elsa-braids and Elsa-tails." Yes, everything having to do with hair has an Elsa in front of it. If I have curled my hair she will come up, touch it and say "Ohhhh Mommy...pretty Elsa-hair." She is just weird like that.
Besides doing laundry, we played all evening...
And we of course had to go outside and enjoy the weather. Doesn't August look thrilled haha...don't worry, he fell asleep so I would say he enjoyed the walk very much.

Wednesday: Minnie Mouse Day 2
Nana watched the kids Wednesday. Which might explain why Emery Kayt wore the exact same outfit two days in a row.....Nana has a hard time saying no to her girl! Can you see the pants in this picture? Definitely a statement piece!
I know they walked, I know the played (you should have seen the toy mess) and I know they cuddled (because that is wayyy better than picking up said toy mess). The rest is a secret because what happens with Nana stays with Nana!
We went back to the park that evening. More tennis for Daddy and a play date for us. Em had to bring Baby Doll and push her just like me. So we started our walk to the slide...
and we walked...
and walked some more. Very VERY slowly. Can you spot her wayyyy back there? Auggie and I finally had to stop and wait for the girls to catch up. Remind me to never bring Baby Doll to the park again. 

Thursday: Cots, Curls and Pink Painted Nails
Emery gets more and more stubborn everyday. (Really I have been so blessed with the best girl in the world, but she is getting smarter and therefore likes to test her boundaries...life would be boring if she didn't.) Two big things on her refusal list lately are going potty in the potty (NOT really touching this one yet) and sleeping on a cot at Miss Nancy's. She slept on one a couple of times before Auggie was born but lately has refused. She tells Miss Nancy that she needs to sleep in the pack'n'play or it's new name this week, the "baby bed" (because we told her pack'n'plays were for babies. Clearly that did not bother her at all.) Finally, after Miss Nancy took down the pack'n'play and Douglas told her she would get a time-out at home if she didn't sleep like a big girl (oh..and he bribed her with a promised new toy...) she slept on the cot the rest of the week! One refusal down....time to maybe try the potty fight.....
Thursday night we did baths. All of you need to come over and see how soft and curly my boy's hair is after a bath. Look at that flip!
Em got a much needed pedicure and manicure. She sits so still and soaks up every second of her special time. I see many many years of nail parties in our future.

Friday: The only way to spend a Friday during the fall. Under the lights!
This was Em before her first football game last year.
And this is her now. Lookin' like a teenager I swear. (I dropped the ball on her wearing orange and blue....for some reason I just do not get as much done as I used to......)
I love being able to take this silly girl (and her baby brother) to Doug and I's old stomping grounds. So many fun memories there. I will cherish that football field forever. Someday I will totally have to embarrass the kids by telling them mushy-high-school-sweet-heart stories!

I could almost call Friday night a date because Doug and I pretty much sat alone the whole time. No kids. That is what happens when a long list of baby hogs are around!!
Nana, D and Hannah stole Emery for the most part.
And Auggie was spoiled by Aunt Linda, Rebecca and Shar. Lucky man!
We stole Em back at the end of the game from Grandma Susie and Grandpa Sammy. It was wayyy past bedtimes but the kids did so good! Em even got a football which is one of the best Eagle traditions! (Note that she has "Inside Out" with her-her sleeping on the cot prize. Her name is actually Joy but Emery just looks at us like we are crazy when we say that and demands to call her Inside Out. Whatever child.) She went everywhere with us this weekend.

Saturday: Family and Fun
Saturday we headed to Hidalgo for my family's reunion. This pic cracks me up because Sully is totally photobombing. Look at him smile....almost as cute as the big girl in the picture!

After a big day and a very short nap, we decided to brave supper out for my birthday.
Emery said she needed to look like a princess because in her words, "It is almost Emmy's birthday toooooo." I don't think she gets this whole one birthday once a year thing. When she sang to me at supper she even slipped in a "to me and mommy...." haha. Fine, I will share my day with you!
This boy sat next to me with this face the whole time. This is his "I am only happy when I can see you Mommy so do not move...I am very sleepy...but I do not trust you....so I am keeping my sleepy eyes on you" look. And I am not kidding. The boy lovessss his Momma. He would prefer being held by me but even just seeing me makes him happyish. I have a major Momma's boy on my hands and while at times this can make life a little difficult, I secretly would not want it any other way!

Sunday: Laundry, toys, cleaning, cuddles and oh ya...my birthday!
My day started with Emery climbing into bed (her usual weekend routine) and snuggling quietly for about .3 seconds before ripping the covers off of me and yelling "UP MOM UP." I did get her to sing "Happy Birthday" to me without adding her own name to the song. Progress. Then she made the executive decision that her sleeping baby brother should be up too. We both thank you Em.
The late morning and afternoon was full of Emery thinking we were playing with toys when in reality I was sorting and putting them away. Somehow every toy we own has recently come to live in a pile on the front room floor. I wonder who did this. I know I didn't, I know August didn't, I am fairly sure Doug didn't do it, Em didn't do it. Oh wait. No, she did. It was Em. So while she happily said, "Mommy play toys with Emmy" I happily sorted, put back, threw away and played a little too. One of my best Mom tricks so far!
We got all pretty last night to go out on the town (aka Joe's and Walmart) with Nana. Emery Kayt rocked pigtail braids and I just sighed at how big (and precious) she looked. 
 
I wanted a birthday picture with my greatest gifts (and no, I do not mean my new fancy hairspray Mom got me) but with my Em and my Aug. Emery never turns down a photo op. Auggie on the other hand is such a boy. Oh well, I will take what I can get. Kids went to bed, we went to bed--all way before 10 o'clock. My day was full of messages from friends, calls from loved ones and kisses from my kids. It was a great day.

Looking forward to a great week too. Hope you have one!




Comments

  1. Busy, busy girl and kiddos. Glad Nana Was there to help you. Enjoy reading about your week and especially enjoyed spend Friday night at the ballgame and Saturday aii day with you all. Makes wonderful memories for me and PaPa. Yes, someday this blog will be such a wonderful treasures for everyone to enjoy all over again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts