Thanksgiving Weekend 2016

My thankful list is a million miles long right now. At the top of the list would be a family packed holiday, Christmas cheer and sweet babies that were really good this weekend (and took really big naps today.)
My to-do list was fairly long way back on Wednesday night but all I could think about was my new Christmas tree-a gift to myself last Christmas. I am usually one to follow the "not till after Thanksgiving rule..." but when Douglas said "Lets just do it!" after I sighed that I couldn't wait to put up my new tree there was no way I could wait. It is even better than I remember. Love it.
Every year the kids get new ornaments. I would like you to meet this years new ornaments...the perfect representation of my kiddos! August Samuel is OBSESSED with bananas and Em asks for a cheeseburger at every meal. I was trying to think about what food Doug and I would have picked out....he would probably do pizza and I would have to do chocolate...or cheese...or Mcdonalds tea...
Emery and Auggie's rooms got a little Christmas cheer as well as the laundry room, kitchen, bathroom and outside. I love telling Em about each nativity set and watching Aug try to blow out the lights on the tree. He has only broken the head off of one donkey, one wise man and one ornament. Good job buddy!
Em keeps asking if it is Jesus's birthday yet and was very concerned that Santa didn't leave any candy in her stocking the first night it was up. I love everything about their sweet holiday wonder and joy. I am very thankful to be given the chance to make these memories with them.
Our Thanksgiving was wonderful (all three of them). I don't know what my favorite food was....I think its a tie between Dave's smoked turkey, Aunt Linda's egg rolls and G'ma's homemade noodles. My pumpkin roll ranks right up there too. I love seeing family because I love to see my babies be loved on. That was a whole lot of love in that sentence. And that is exactly how these get-togethers are. Emery told me she was thankful for me, Jesus and her bed and I think Auggie's list would also include me along with his baseball bat, Elmo and bananas. Oh my goodness I am thankful for these two. 
At Jansen Thanksgiving I don't actually see much of my children. Katie and Em are inseparable and off playing and Auggie is either in Grandpa Sammy's arms or be chased after by an older cousin wanting to hold him. 
Kiddos are spoiled rotten at Aunt Linda's. Nana surprised them with a gift to kick off the Christmas season. New Christmas books and pjs for both of them--can't wait to get a picture in them!
And Gigi's little table and noodles are always the perfect ending to the holiday. Em and Alayna had a blast playing with all of the pretties....just like I did when I was their age. Don't worry, Auggie enjoyed destroying the house too.
I am forever thankful for these three Thanksgivings.
Friday morning the kids and I hit the road early to do some black Friday shopping. Because I am crazy like that. Crazy as in we only went to Jo Ann's Fabric because I can't pass up a good material sale. Projects for GiGi! The kids actually did great and  while we were coming out of the store the Salvation Army bell ringer asked Emery and Auggie if they wanted to ring the bell.Well of course! Everyone we met that morning seemed so happy and kind. On the drive up I was dreading the crowds but after I was so thankful we went.
Friday also consisted of family pictures outside (I'll save the Auggie yelling "HE-HAWWW"  the entire time story for another post.) We were all kind of shivering when we got back in so Douglas thought it was the perfect time to introduce hot chocolate to Em's world. She was a fan. And so was I....I might be drinking some as I type this now.
Shopping and pictures got the best of the little man. He fell asleep at supper and we made the mistake of letting him sleep. We left him right there and finished decorating for Christmas and dancing around the kitchen. He had no idea. Uncle Chuck came over right at bedtime to play cards...and then Auggie's nap kicked in. Two hours later he finally gave in...I guess he just wanted to party! No more late naps August Samuel!
By Saturday evening, after all of our yummy meals and with  all of the Christmas decorations up, we were officially ready for Christmas. What a coincidence that Santa was coming to town!!
Auggie Boy is going to be so fun this year. He already loves every light (and wants to throw the "balls" on the tree.) He gets so excited so easily and just wants to be in everything. I can already see him tearing into presents and liking the box the gift came in the best. I love that sparkle in his eye.
Emery Kayt is allllll about Christmas this year. She knows it is Jesus's birthday and she LOVES birthdays. She also loves getting gifts and doing anything special. So pretty much this time of year is perfect for her. She wants to make reindeer food and Santa cookies and ohs and ahhs at our neighbor's lights. She wants to plug in her own tree and has her Christmas wish list memorized.
Nana joined us in line for the long wait to see Santa.....
But can you tell it was worth it? How sweet is this picture. She hopped up on his lap and before he could speak went into her list.
"I want a trampoline. A scooter. Disney princess playdoh. A Barbie house.....and a new Barbie."
She added the very last toy at the last minute.  It was like she realized this was her one shot to ask for everything and she took it very seriously. I knew everything on the list already because she tells me and everyone else the same thing every time. We tell her that is a mighty big list and she had better be extra good....we will see. 
2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Loved Santa. Didn't really love Santa. Loved him. Really loved him.
2015. Auggie did NOT like Santa. But no surprise there. 
We saw Santa light the big tree and even drove through our towns light show. We can check those off the list but I am guessing we will drive through every week until Christmas. Even if it is just to get candy canes...who knew three year olds and one year olds loved them.

Sunday has been the perfect "back to the grind tomorrow" Sunday. Jobs got done, four hour naps were taken and supper was comforting. Kids took soaking baths because Doug and I don't remember when they bathed last and they are snug in their beds. The house is lit with only the glow of the Christmas lights and I am thankful for that.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. 
And happy Monday to all!


Comments

Popular Posts