BIG Splash

This weekend was an adventure as Emery would call it. We packed up and headed to French Lick, Indiana for some water park fun.
Can you tell we were excited?? Em is old enough for us to explain the trip to her (she has always loved a timeline) and Aug just feeds off of her excitement. Car ride wasn't too bad except for him screaming "OUTTT" for the last hour and then falling asleep a whole seven minutes before we got there. Great timing, Bud.
Kiddos swam their little hearts out. We got there at noon and swam until 4. That's a lot of swimming! After supper (and after NO naps I need to add) we swam again. This part was my favorite--we were about the only people in the park! We went with three of our favorite couples who just happen to have six of our favorite littles. Doug and I realized on the way home that we rarely got to finish a conversation with another adult because there was always a kid pulling us this way or that. 
I didn't know how this trip was going to go for Auggie but he was SO good. Busy is always better for him. Poor kid fell asleep in the pool at about 7:30 and didn't wake up until about 8 the next morning. Em was such a big girl. Her and Charlie did the big slides about a thousand times--by themselves. Makes me get all Mom-sad seeing how big they are. She also slept on a top bunk which might be the highlight for her. We really did have a great time and I hope everyone plans to do it again!
I am veryyyyy thankful I had off today. Doug asked me what my plans were for the day (because I always have plans) and the answer was NOTHING. I had dreams of sleeping in, getting a few things done, going outside. Just enjoying. Instead both kids were in my bed before 6:30 (I think I forgot to mention that August Samuel now climbs out of his crib. Yeah. ) and we were sitting in the Wal-mart parking lot at 7 because we had to get "Loot Loops"--requested by Em and Aug. We have made the biggest play-doh mess, which is an everyday/hour occurrence at this house and I finally convinced both of them that it is NAP time. I am hoping it is a big one (for them and me) and then I promised we would go outside.

Here is to Tuesday--which is totally going to feel like a Monday!

Comments

Popular Posts