A Surprise for Nana

I am sure my Mother would love me sharing that she turns the big 6-0 this week hehe. Nana does so so much for us so a few weeks ago we decided it would be fun to surprise her. A quick message to Aunt Linda, Dora and the boys and the party was planned. When all my Mom really loves is for us to get together and eat yummy food, the party is pretty easy to plan. We lied and said we were taking her out to eat an instead all of her favorite foods and people were at our house.
She was SURPRISED!
Earlier in the week I searched and searched for "60" decorations. Everything was black and seemed to point out how old 60 was (no offense, Mom.) I didn't want a black birthday party and I don't want her thinking that 60 is old so Em and I picked out our favorite colors instead. According to Em and Aug all birthdays need balloons too.
Emery waited alllll day for Nana to come over. Honestly she was probably more excited for Hannah to come over. They played and played and Em might have begged for a sleep over. I promise next time!
Auggie was warned about 10 million times to not climb on the table or touch Nana's presents. When she walked in the door he thought it was go time for all of it ha!
(He also might love Hannah just as much as Em does.)
Kiddos helped open gifts. Dora definitely wins for best gift. Lip-Sense for the woman who would never buy it for herself but deep down really wanted to try it!
The rest of the evening was spent playing, laughing (at Austin sucking the helium out of the balloons) and eating too much chocolate cake. I don't think my Mom ever stopped smiling so I think the simple surprise was a success!


On a completely unrelated note, I had to add these pictures of my babies from the last week.
I don't want to ever forget August Samuel's silly smile. (He is taking a "shelfie" in the one where he is holding up a phone.) Em has always had the sweetest smile which is totally her and Auggie...somehow his smile is just perfectly him too. 


Comments

Popular Posts