Little Bit of Fun-Little Bit of Lazy

Last week was just a good week. Little bit of fun, little bit of lazy. Little moments I want to remember.
Em and I had a girls date and went to Newton to the Fair Queen Pageant. We were team Kenzie! Emery loved watching the big girls and the little girls and totally thinks she can do that! She also loved the large lemon shake up we shared and didn't stop talking a mile a minute until wellllll past bedtime. 
Emery has a tablet thingy (she has always called it her homework) (and yes some days she probably spends too much time on it) and last week she said she watched how to make slime. (Auggie only watches cows haha). She kept asking if we could make some so one rainy afternoon we did. I wanted to by the 50 cent bottle of plain ol' white glue. That was a no go. Instead we HAD to get the $3 pink sparkle glue. And blue for Auggie. Okay so really I was easy to convince because duh....pink glitter! Our slime turned out great! Easy to make and they keep playing with it. We are a big playdoh house and so far it has been easier to pick up---so I am a fan. 
The kids and I make a point to check the garden every day. Some day soon everyone can come get a lot of tomatoes and a lot of pumpkins. Em's favorite are the strawberry plants. I finally let her pick the first ones and she was so proud. By the time we got them inside (after we all held them/Auggie said they were squishy) the poor strawberries were not looking so hot. They are still sitting in the fridge, totally not edible any longer, but oh well!
After the rain last week, our pool was too cold for my liking so it was off to the Newton pool one afternoon. Have I told you we love this pool? Em has been Ella obsessed lately so we asked if she could come too (take my advice and always take an older cousin to the pool with you.) We picked up Nana too, enjoyed a lunch at the Freeze and swam the day away.
I am so proud of my little fish. They get better every time we swim. Auggie wants to swim on his own and just slowly kicks around and Ella talked Em into going all the way under. Go EM!
One day last week we took it easy all morning. Long needed baths and fingernail polish. I loved (and still do) to paint my nails and my love of pink polish has been passed on. Emery Kayt has even decided that she can do it all by herself. She actually does pretty good and I love these sweet moments of concentration. 
We took it easy because we needed to rest up for pictures! Sharon (one of my very talented best friends) took Auggie and Emery's birthday/sibling pictures. I am so in love already. Emery smiled like the perfect little model and Auggie would grin a silly grin for about a second and then say "All Done!" Luckily Shar has fast fingers haha and I know she captured him just perfectly. Don't worry...I will share all of them someday!
Friday was project day. I am itching to start on Emery and Auggie's big kid room so I decided I could handle re-finishing the dresser myself. I should finish today and I am soooo excited about how it has turned out. Em, my lover of paint and crafts, has been my helper. When I paint she paints.The back of the dresser is now completely white and she is so proud. Now to talk Douglas into starting on bunk beds.....
Emery and I spent Saturday afternoon at one of her favorite cousin's birthday party. It was hippie themed with a tie-dye project. 
Em loved tie-dying and thinks her final project is so cool. I am going to have a hippie on my hands!
We were going to take it easy Saturday night but it was the most beautiful evening ever so we ventured up to the Sacred Heart Picnic. Kids got to ride two rides a piece. Em did the slides, Auggie did the cars and then they did the farris wheel together. Em looked so tiny up at the top of the slide by herself but she loved it. Auggie cried when his ride was over because he wanted to ride again. Emery was the best big sister, never taking her arm off of Auggie on the farris wheel and Auggie didn't move a muscle but smiled. All of this had Doug and I soooo excited for Sunday....our annual Holiday World trip! 

And I think Holiday World 2017 deserves it's own post. But first, we rest. The first thing out of Em's mouth this morning was that her feet hurt and you know Auggie must be tried because at this very second he is cuddled on the couch watching Moana with Em. 

Have a great week!


Comments

Popular Posts