13.1 Miles.....Try 37 Weeks!

Three cheers for Douglas! He ran in his first half marathon this weekend and I couldn't be more proud. He has been training for awhile now and this past long weekend was the true test...and he did great!
We arrived with friends Friday evening in Indy. Instead of staying in a hotel, the Probsts pulled a few strings and got us a stay in Bob's guest home (Bob from the Bob and Tom Show on the radio--some of you may know what I am talking about.) The house was so fun and in the perfect location. It allowed us to cook our own meals, relax and have a little fun too. I hope the families we went with plus our kids can visit again someday--maybe without 13.1 miles in there.
The boys before the race. Nervous and excited I think.

I was of course just there for moral support (because I know zero about running and am veryyyyy slow right now). I thought I would have all the time in the world to sit and grade papers but there was so much action. It was fun to sit at the finish line and cheer people on. Very inspiring! (Not that I am taking up running anytime soon.....)
There he is! See you in a little over 2 hours!
And here they are at the end of the race. They have been training with each other for months and I know Doug was glad to have these two to keep him accountable and there for a little extra push. 
After the race we went back to the house and just chilled. Guys needed showers and naps and I needed to grade papers and take it easy too...
Because I swear I was kind of feeling like I had run 13.1 miles ha! Ammon thought of the best poster idea that I wish I would have made. "13.1 Miles?? Try 37 Weeks!"
On the plus side, after the race I was no longer trying to keep up with the group...they were all nice and slow like me!
We went out to eat that night to celebrate and finished the night with drinks, the hot tub and cards. 
Good times and great friends.
By Sunday I was ready to get back home and see these two cuties. This is them giving Daddy a big thumbs up before the race. I think Doug and I missed them more than they missed us...Nana kept them pretty busy.
On Saturday they went to the Greenup Orchard. All I know is the weather was perfect, it was muddy and they saw a cow. Fun!
I loved seeing three little pumpkins lined up on my porch when we got home. One for each of my little ones! Hopefully we can carve them this weekend. Auggie says only nice faces.
I think the rest of the weekend they talked Nana into powdered doughnuts for breakfast and a toy from Wal-mart for being "so so good"--this is what Em said. Emery Kayt also got away with sleeping on the couch instead of her bed because that is way more fun! Safe to say they have Nana in the palm of their hands. Each FaceTime did this Momma good and I got plenty of kisses Sunday and Monday to make up for being gone.
Now that Doug's big race weekend is over I am obsessed with these sweet cheeks and wondering when he will arrive. Dora aka D gifted us an ultrasound at Catching Glimpses this past week and almost all of the grandparents plus Emery and Auggie got to join. Auggie walked in and asked, "Where is our baby boy at??" I think he thought we were there to get him ha! 
I was already so in love but man....how can you not fall for those pouty lips and chubby cheeks!?! We could see his hair too and those are definitely Auggie's lips.....
We will see him soon!

Feeling so thankful for this healthy pregnancy and boy, for a weekend away, for grandparents, for friends....the list could go on and on.


Comments

Popular Posts