Weekend Recap: Friends and Fun

We had such a great weekend. It was the perfect mix of fun, friends (finally some fall-ish weather) and marking a few things off the list.
After school Friday we went home, put on our best orange and blue and headed right back out the door for Newton. We had lots of reasons to be excited about the football game.
First of all, my sweet niece Brooke was on homecoming court. Isn't she beautiful! I'll let you in on a little secret--she is even more beautiful on the inside.
Em agreed that she look Elsa from Frozen.
Auggie got in on the action too. He isn't spoiled or anything by his cousins.....
I was especially excited for this game because of my girls! Normally by girls I mean three plus me, but our friend Amanda from Finland was visiting for our 10 year class reunion. We picked up right where we left off and I have so many fun memories with her (and the other pretties in the picture.) We went out to supper first where Emery listened to Amanda speak "French" (really she spoke Finnish but Em thinks she knows it all haha) and then we went to the game together. Amanda had never been to a football game....and you can't be a Newton alum without going to a Newton Eagle Football game! Nana took the kids home for us and after the game we went to Star and Eric's house. We stayed up too late aka not really that late...we are just getting old!
I loved catching up with all of these ladies.

Saturday morning we woke to a completely flat tire on the van. Thanks nail. While Doug messed with that, Em, Auggie and I packed Mommy and Baby hospital bags and put up the pack'n'play in our room. Auggie just thought it was for him while Emery totally gets that a baby is coming soon. Like really soon. She likes to tell me "I love you because you have that baby boy and that belly." I know Emery Kayt.....I better enjoy the love from you while I still can. Late morning we dropped of the van to get fixed, treated ourselves to Chilis (yum!) and headed out for a day of fun.
Ballard Nature Center never disappoints and Saturday was extra special. They had a fun day with fishing.....where we caught nothing.
Animal petting...oddly enough the bunny and the geese were the favorite.
And nature train rides...which we rode twice. 
We also so llamas and Daddy treated us to fudge-bars. The weather was perfect and I enjoyed seeing my babies smiles. They went from ear to ear the whole time.
We might be in some trouble though next time we visit the nature center...Emery kept talking about how the got all of this new fun stuff and that it would always be there.....
I bet we will still have fun. Leaving that day I told Doug that I am looking forward to stroller walks with Baby Boy so we will be back soon!
After Ballard we went home and took naps (well Auggie and I did--Doug and Em watched Beauty and the Beast) and then it was get ready time! Doug and I had our class reunion to get to. Don't we clean up well?
Kind of hard to believe that we graduated 10 years ago. Forever my high school sweetheart!
Kids were looking pretty snazzy Sunday morning all thanks to Kendra so I had to get a picture. I told them to stand next to each other--Em added the side-hug.
She then asked is she could pose them. Sure! And this is what I got haha.
These two. They are such buddies. 
After church we changed clothes as fast as we could and it was back outside. (I love it when we play outside all day because my house stays clean. Win-win.) They rode miles on the Barbie Jeep and played lots of basketball.
And I just sat. Well I graded papers, helped Doug and little and made sure kids didn't run into the road. But mainly I took it easy and enjoyed. Doug is building us a toy box contraption for the basement (sooooo needed) and I already love how it has turned out. Finished project to come hopefully. Finish this, clean house good, put baby carseat in the car....thats pretty much the extent of our To-Do-Before-Baby list.
Which is a good thing because it is Due Date Month! The countdown is on, the prayers of peace, guidance, strength and health have started and we are just ready!

We have a super busy week followed by a relaxing (for me--not so much for Doug) weekend getaway in our future.

Have a great week everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts