Favorites

I really did try to pick my favorites. Really I did. But in every picture Sharon took of Bennett or of my family of five I found something important. Something I wanted to remember and cherish forever.
So they all ended up being favorites. Sharing some here on the blog so I can easily go back (and someday my children can too) and picture what life was like in the Fall of 2017.
This one really might be my favorite because this is how I picture Bennett. Full cheeks, the perfect little nose and those kissable lips.
But then there is also that dimple....
and these little bitty rolls.
Baby hands. So perfectly made by GOD.
and it may be hard to notice but he was the same two webbed toes as Auggie.
I love this little content face. Perfectly explains our happy Baby B.
I really just want to eat him up.
Shar came to our house to take our first family pictures. I wanted them to be natural, comfy and real. And that is exactly what I got.
Poor Bennett....he doesn't get loved on at all by Em and Aug...
Actually I wonder how many times a day I have to say "Okay that is enough kissing." or "Let's not touch him while he ______ (sleeps, eats, is happy, is sad, etc.). The big kids jump to his every sound. He is going to be spoiled rotten.
It is very apparent that B already knows Em. They have this look that they give each other. She can make him stop crying with just her sweet voice and has mastered giving him his paci. Doug and I look forward to seeing their love grow.
Auggie's love for Bennett is big but I don't think Bennett quite loves him the same way yet. The only time Bennett cried during pictures was when we tried to have a boys picture. I don't blame him....Auggie may have announced he was done and rolled B off his lap right after this. But Auggie has turned into the best forehead kisser and Bennett checker. I love my boys.
At four weeks old, I feel like I now know this sweet boy. I know how he likes to be held, why he is crying and how to fix it. When I pick him up at night the touch of his silky hair under my chin brings me comfort and the little ball he curls himself into make me want to hold him forever.
Bennett Lee makes for the forth time I have fallen in love with Doug. The first time over ten years ago. The second when Emery Kayt was born. The third, August Samuel. And now watching him be this gentle and loving and confident Daddy to Bennett. Very thankful for this man and I hope my boys grow up to be exactly like him.
Our hearts are happy and our couch is full! 
We have so much to be thankful for.

Comments

Popular Posts