Our Halloween 2019

We may not have trick or treated this year (it was like winter out there), but we still managed to have one of my favorite Halloweens yet. It was a weekend full of laughing at ourselves, quoting movie lines and making memories. 
Auggie started our Halloween festivities off on Wednesday. He originally wanted to be a farmer (he always wants to be a farmer), then he wanted to be an army man. Nana just happened to mention she still had Uncle Austin's pirate costume from when he was a little boy; Auggie wanted her to go home and get it right then. It fit perfectly and the boy was in love. He quickly mastered his "Arrrrrr" and rocked his eye patch and earring for about a second before stating that not all pirates need an eye patch or earring. I think my family was having deja vu seeing another blonde hair blue eyed boy in this costume. The sentimental part of me of course loved the fact that my Grandma made this; Auggie thought that was pretty cool too. We got to see him in his school's Halloween parade where he was line leader and the best little singer. Aug is so fun right now. 
Thursday was Em's day to dress up. Here she is flying on a magic carpet! Nana had just gotten her this Jasmine costume for play, so it was an easy decision on what to be.  
I dressed up on Thursday too. I always wanted to be a librarian. I learned from this experience that clip on earrings are really heavy and that pleated skirts are not flattering ha! I have a love/ hate relationship with teaching on Halloween. I love seeing the kids dressed up....but getting them to settle down and do anything productive is impossible. 
I found this princess later that afternoon running around at my school's Halloween carnival. Poor girls wig had practically slipped of her head by then, but she was staying in character! 

We spent the rest of our Halloween getting flu shots, running to the pharmacy to get meds for Bennett's ear infection, and treating ourselves to a Steak'n'Shake milkshake instead of trick or treating. Everyone was fine with that decision. 
Friday was a half day meaning lunch date with this girly. She picked Mexican; chips and cheese is her love language. We ran a few errands and then it was home to finish making our family costumes. 
Just by looking at this picture, can you guess our theme this year??

We were 90's male movie characters! Totally inappropriate, but we had so much fun being these characters this year. The kids have of course not seen any of these movies, but we spent Friday night watching (clean) clips of each person's character and learning lines. Someday we will watch them and look back at these pictures and laugh. 
I was Mrs. Doubtfire. Same librarian costume....just a little burnt. The kids loved the scene where Robin Williams puts his face in the cake and pops up saying "Helloooooo".
Douglas was Forrest Gump. We were told he did not have the right running shoes on, but he did run everywhere he needed to go Saturday night. 
Emery was Bobby Boucher from The Waterboy. She told everyone at school she was Waterman ha!
I was afraid she was going to be the one that didn't like her character or costume, but she thought it was the funniest thing ever. Here she is drinking her "high quality h20."
Auggie was Kevin McAllister from Home Alone. Auggie is actually the whole reason we did this theme because I saw a picture of Home Alone and realized Auggie looked just like Kevin. He mastered this famous face, won't stop saying "keep the change ya filthy animal" and wants to wear his sweater and be Kevin all day everyday now. 
Bennett was Ace Ventura. You know the scene when he is in the psychiatric ward? This picture doesn't do him justice because he might have been the best dressed out of all of us. The funny part is he would wear these boots with a tutu everyday if we let him, so he was happy. 

This years theme was easy to create and lots of fun to do. It might be hard to top 2019. 
We were dressed for our friend groups annual Chili-Fest. We didn't win this year (I think we should have), but we did have such a good time catching up with friends. Always one of our favorite events of the year. Maybe next year will be our year....
Sunday afternoon was a girls afternoon for Em and I. Nana joined us for lunch out and then my school's musical. I laughed, I cried, I was so stinking proud of my big kids. 
I love having a big girl and spending time with her doing big girl stuff. I have my fingers crossed that someday she will be up on that stage. I always tell her that some of my favorite memories (and people) are from my years in musical, band and cheer. 
While us girls were out having fun, the boys were home working. Well Bennett was napping. Doug and Auggie say they were "working" on leaves....
but by the look of the pictures Doug sent me, they had plenty of fun too. We finished the weekend with cereal for supper (because I was lazy) and were up bright and early this morning ready to conquer this busy but short week. 

I can't believe November is here, but I am ready to get in the holiday spirit! Plus I have so much to be thankful for. 

Happy Monday!



















Comments

Popular Posts