Jansens In Branson || 2022

The Jansens took over Branson this past weekend! (I am just now realizing Jansen and Branson kind of rhyme, and now I am sad that I have not been obnoxiously saying this all weekend). And when I say Jansens I actually mean Jansens plus Nana. Two years ago we took over Gulf Shores and a few months ago decided it was time to hit the road for some summer fun again. We are on a two year plan! Theodore has never traveled outside of a few hours from home, so we decided maybe something a little closer than the beach would be a smart idea. Maybe someplace like Branson?
 
We can all agree that we picked the perfect place for us this year. 
We left Thursday morning. In a shocking turn of events, Theo was the very best traveler. Really he was the very best everything. I should have never doubted my angel baby. 
Our drive was uneventful which is just the way I like it. We settled into our home away from home and then headed to the Landing to see the fountains and eat lots of yummy food. Paula Deen's was so good and fun. Our smiles are all as big as hers. Especially Theo's! (Be sure to catch all of Theodore's smiles this trip...you will be smiling by the end of them). 
Friday morning was my favorite part of the trip; we did the golf cart trail through Lost Canyon. A few years ago the kids and I did this when we were in Branson for Kelsey's wedding. I knew we had to go back with Daddy and Nana. It was the perfect slow morning winding through the caves and waterfalls. My love for golf carts was also rekindled. I need one. 
Emery Kayt || 8 (almost 9) years old
August Samuel || 7 years old
Bennett Lee || 4 1/2 years old
Theodore Douglas || 1 1/2 years old
I won't put our ages. But I 100% attest to life with this guy getting better with age. 

I loved our mountain morning. This little adventure is a must in my book. After this we headed back home for some lunch, a Theo nap and a dip in the pool. We drove 5 hours, and I am pretty sure my kids would have been happy eating cheese from a can and swimming in the pool the entire time.  
Okay actually I asked each one what their favorite part of the trip was, expecting them each to say something different, but they all quickly said the same thing. GO KARTS! Friday evening we did go karts and ice cream. As much as I want a golf cart, I could be sold on a high speed go kart pretty easily. 
Auggie rode with Doug.
B rode with me. The four of us were in the same race. We kept passing each other, maybe bumping each other a little (rubbings racing...name the movie) and in the end Bennett and I beat the boys! 
So I thought. Doug later told me he and Auggie decided to let us win because they knew it would make Bennett's day. Pshhhh...likely story. I swear we won fair and square!
Doug made another trip around the track with Em. She is our more cautious rider, so I wasn't sure what she would think of it. The first big hill there was no smile from her; however, her bravery came back quick and she was all smiles the rest of the race. The go karts really were a lot of fun. Good pick big kids!
Saturday morning Douglas and I got up early for a little date out on the links. We actually stayed on the golf course, so it was easy to sneak out of the house while Nana and the kids slept in. It was a beautiful (hot) morning and the views were lovely. I hit the ball approximately one time, but remember how much I love golf carts? I will forever "golf" with Doug if he will have me. 
After golf we met Nana and the kids at the pool to cool off (did I mention it was hot) and eat some snacks, which meant more "scream" cheese aka squirt cheese in a can for B! We officially have four fish; the three bigs are floatie free and Theodore decided he loves swimming as much as his sibling this trip. 
Because it was so hot (yes, I am mentioning it once again), we had to find some indoor fun for Saturday afternoon. The new Aquarium at the Boardwalk ended up being the perfect place. 
Theo loved the fish. Loved them. At one of the tanks he sat right down in a corner and claimed one little fish all to himself. My baby was such a big boy this trip--kept up just fine (along with naps in his pack'n'play kept in the dark, cool, extra bathroom). I just want to squeeze him and kiss him and hold him like a baby forever. 
Bennett's big heart showed at the aquarium. There was a sea turtle with a missing leg and hurt shell that had been rescued; B was so worried about her. He also would have touched the sting rays all day if we had let him. He took being gentle with two little fingers very seriously. 
Auggie cracks me up at any type of zoo, aquarium, museum atmosphere. It probably took us well over an hour to get through the aquarium; it would have taken Auggie 5 minutes. He doesn't slow down, loves to lead the pack and just has to know what is around the next corner.  
Opposite of her brother, our resident mermaid would have stayed at the aquarium all day. They had many fish we had never seen before; I kept being struck by the fact that God made each of these fish for a special reason--and all so beautiful and unique! After a little shopping and a little supper, we were torn on what to do next. Auggie is a mini golf guy. Has to mini golf wherever he goes. Our worry was how well Theo and the heat were going to mix with all the mini golf fun. Luckily, it was pretty easy to talk Nana and Em into hitting the pool for a night swim with Theo and let Doug and the big boys golf. We all agreed that was the best plan! Us girls (and the P) hit the pool and the boys hit...an endless crowd at every mini golf establishment they could find. Sadly, I think the heat kept everyone away from mini golf during the day like it did us making the night a packed disaster. Doug said the boys were disappointed but handled the no golf news great. We have promised mini golf sometime this summer (anyone want to watch Theodore??). 
The morning we left we had to squeeze in one more Branson establishment; this one came with funky donuts! Everyone picked a big yummy donut (Nana's lemon one wins for the best; Bennetts for the messiest). We were sad to leave Branson; there is just too much to do and not enough time. We are not sad that we picked Branson for our little summer trip this year though; memories were made and everyone had fun!
And for good measure...one more smiling Theo picture. You are welcome. 











































Comments

Popular Posts